Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is why I really like some of the stick cards

I didn't have a Jonathan Toews card in my PC until this one.

I love that they are a bit more "unique" that they were when they first came out. I remember ones from the late 1990s/early 2000s, but I feel like they were just brown pieces of wood. Now, they are better. I'm guessing cards not being made of wood anymore has something to do with it.

These are a couple of my favorite Shaw stick cards.

2013-14 Rookie Anthology Luxury Suite #50 S#043/199 by kekinsley, on Flickr

2013-14 Rookie Anthology Luxury Suite #50 S#190/199 by kekinsley, on Flickr

Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed.

Happy collecting!
    -Kin
    Supercollecting Andrew Shaw 73% w/ 1/1s (141/194 cards) or 87% w/o 1/1s listed in SCF inventory as of 2/9/17 ; Jedd Gyorko in WVU uniform; vintage Champ Car/Indy 500 cards.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Two very unique stick "swatches" on those cards. Very nice!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

I'm really digging stick cards more and more as well - a couple of nice picks up there! Especially if you collect a specific player or team, you tend to see very similar jersey/patch pieces year over year, but stick pieces (especially like you say more recently where they're not just boring wood chunks) seem to have a lot more variety. Looking forward to ITG/Leaf StickWork 2 if/when it gets made, there should be lots of goodies in there! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

I never really thought about the aspect of sticks having different designs than the same ol', same ol' on sweaters. That's a really good point. Leaf tweeted out a bunch of pics of some upcoming ITG product today. If you haven't taken a look, you really should!
    Supercollecting Andrew Shaw 73% w/ 1/1s (141/194 cards) or 87% w/o 1/1s listed in SCF inventory as of 2/9/17 ; Jedd Gyorko in WVU uniform; vintage Champ Car/Indy 500 cards.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Great Tazer...I too love the stick cards. I have this one, and have been holding onto it just because it's awesome even though I don't collect them

Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

This is a nice one in my pc, 1/1 :)

Those both are sweet! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

those are nice...I personally LOVE stick cards. So unique and awesome

The old wooden sticks had their sides cut off (labels, decals, logos, etc...) the remaining shaft of the stick was cross-cut into countless slivers of wood.

The new composite sticks are hollow, so the sides are the only usable parts.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (59% complete) / Hidden Content (42% complete) / Brian Propp (51% complete)

I also like game used sticks but I prefer the full thing :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast