Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

UD & Their Redemptions Strike Again

Is there anybody at all in this hobby that likes redemptions?

No...

And guess what? Now I hate them even more, and I'm pretty "angry" will be the word I'll use to keep this appropriate.

Here's the deal - I don't normally do redemption stuff, but the wonderful folks over at Breakaway pulled me this in one of their group breaks:

13-14 Ice Premiers Auto Patches #'d to 10 - Zemgus Girgensons.

Now as a Sabres fan, I'm pretty excited. I love Girgensons, and I think we all know how cool Ice Premiers Auto/Patches are, something of which I don't have in my collection...cool, now I finally have one.

Today, a package from Breakaway shows up, and my redemption is inside. Wooohooooo, I can finally get the ball rolling to get this in my hands.

Type in the redemption code, annnnnnnnnnnnnd....

"Card not produced. Call customer service for exchange."

Are you (insert expletive of your choice here) kidding me?

It amazes me that card companies like UD can do this. Here' the card, from a higher-end product....should we make this one? Nah...lets not.

I don't understand it. Other Ice Premiers Auto/Patches from 13-14 were produced. Zemgus signed all of his hard signed stuff from last year, there are numerous examples of it all live. So my question is, why do these 10 cards slip through the cracks and go without being produced? What a load of BS if you ask me. Should be a fun conversation with customer service on Wednesday when I can finally call.

Aside from the negativity, advice is needed.

I've never had this happen to me. Never had to ask for a replacement, and quite frankly I don't want to get screwed here.

So what should I do? Ask for a similar Girgensons? Ask for a few players?

If I say "Sabres" I can just see my replacement coming and getting some Cody Hodgson and Drew Stafford stuff I don't want.

So my question is, what have others done when this happens?

End rant...if you've made it this far, thanks for reading

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I would ask for another Ice premieres auto patch of the same year and hope for an even bigger name. Those cards are pretty high-end and they probably have some in their inventory.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nothing worse than the ole "Card Not Produced" message when it's something that would be a major PC item. I've experienced it on a lower scale with an older Gorges card...which eventually did, in fact, get produced years later.

It does look like everything else of his got made, from Cup to Ultimate to SPA. So that's baffling.

I'd see if you can get in touch with a CS manager to find out the scoop on the card.

I don't know what would be a fitting switch for that card - the Ice auto/patch /10 is pretty up there - if you keep it Girgensons, I'd aim for a Cup /28 parallel. Beyond that, the Sabres have had so many changes that you'll definitely want to be specific with a request for replacement because like you say you'll end up with Hodgson or Myers otherwise.

Good luck.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not quite on topic, but related.

I'm assuming there is no way to see what redemptions are live, waiting on player, and not produced without typing the code in?

ie: In the scenario he purchased that off ebay, scf, or whatever

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You can always check eBay to see if there's live autos.

SCF Rewards
    Country

but that won't cover the "card not produced" scenario though?

I'd hate to be on either side of that transaction. Seller or buyer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

By Sabres and redemption you mean Thomas Vanek
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I really like the suggestion of the Cup Rookie /28 as a good start. I have no idea on what you should do as a Sabres fan. I can offer this though.

I would personally ask for really high end cards of Lemieux, Gretz, Sid, Ovy, Stamkos, Orr. You get the point. That way you get something nice of a very collectible player. This way you don't get screwed. I had a Brodeur that wasn't made and got a Sid Auto.

I would be very upset if that was say Olli Maatta.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like the suggestion of the Cup Rookie /28 as a good start. I have no idea on what you should do as a Sabres fan. I can offer this though.

I would personally ask for really high end cards of Lemieux, Gretz, Sid, Ovy, Stamkos, Orr. You get the point. That way you get something nice of a very collectible player. This way you don't get screwed. I had a Brodeur that wasn't made and got a Sid Auto.

I would be very upset if that was say Olli Maatta.

I don't think Zemgus Girgensons is quite in that league regardless of what card it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I don't think Zemgus Girgensons is quite in that league regardless of what card it is.

True but that card is Im guessing a $150+ card. I wouldn't want to get screwed on a deal since they go by Beckett Value. This card wouldn't be in there due to scarcity. So they will come up with their own value which is scary.

Why not try and get something nice? Worst that can happen is they say no. Get them so they don't get you is how I look at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast