Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need to vent. I can't believe some people....

Three weeks, or so, ago I listed a BCCG10 Tom Brady RC on ebay with a BIN or BO tag.
    In the listing I posted a clear picture, and the BCCG serial number and card info.
    A guy bought it, and it was delivered to his address two weeks ago.

Today, I get a rude email from the guy saying that I misled him and that the card isn't GEM MINT.
    And, he wants a full refund + return shipping costs.

I emailed him stating that I didn't mislead him and I listed ALL the information on the card that I could.
    [I think he bought the card hoping to break it out and resubmit to BGC/PSA for a higher grade.]
    He cited soft corners and a tear in the top of the card. None of which I recall.
    In his claim he called me dishonest because I relied on the third-party-grader (BCCG) to determine that the card was "mint or better", and that I knew when I sold it that it wasn't GEM.
    I never called it GEM.

I'm not a professional grader, and yes I do really on 3rd-party-graders for a cards grade. Geez.

Anyway, after some serious emails exchanges, I told him to send the card back (at his expense) and upon receipt and inspection, I would refund his PayPal.

I've always been reluctant to sell on eBay because of people like this. I said that I would until something like this happened.
    Now it has, and I think I'm done with eBay all together.
    Last edited by jedijohnson; 07-21-2015 at 11:25 PM.

2. Allgood (eBay Store)
    So he expected you to give it your own grade, even though you had a professional grade already on it? Sounds fishy to me and I bet you never see the card again.

​Signed specialty baseballs, PM for list of wants.

If he wants his refund, I'll see it again.
    He's now saying that the card was probably damaged after grading, and that I either knew about and misled him in the listing, or that it could've been damaged during shipping to him.

I guess what I meant was, he was hoping to get refunded before he sent the card back, meaning he wouldn't send it back. Sounds like the guy was just trying to pull a fast one on you.

Did he send you pictures of the card? I'm still puzzled as to how he thinks you should give he card your own personal grade even with a professional opinion on it lol.

I don't know much about BCCG cards, but are they slabbed also like the regular BGS cards?

SCF BGS Bulk Grading Submissions available! Hidden Content

| Hidden Content |Hidden Content |

Do you know of a LCS not on this list, if so post Hidden Content and let us know about them!

Quote Originally Posted by patriotsguy View Post
    I don't know much about BCCG cards, but are they slabbed also like the regular BGS cards?
    Bccg 10's never get good grades when reslabbed.

To the original poster. I think you listed as it should be shame on the buyer for trying to say your dishonest.

Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

I asked for a pic/scan of the card, as it is currently, and the buyer has yet to reply. I haven't released the PayPal refund yet. I want the card back first.
    The bad news is that it seems that my PayPal account will be frozen until the claim is resolved on eBay, Something else that I didn't know worked that way...

Quote Originally Posted by patriotsguy View Post
    are they slabbed also like the regular BGS cards?
    Yes, BCCG cards are slabbed, but not as nicely as BGS/BVG; more like PSA, with no internal soft sleeve.

Seems to me like the seller was just trying to get a free card, hoping you would just refund the money and let him keep it. Good luck!

The card got soft corners and a tear during shipping..............what a jerk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast