Don'tforget to "Like" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook!

Sotoday, I went into Wayne's Sports Cards and Collectibles since I hadn't beenthere in a while, and my wallet was itchy. I noticed that he had put out somegame used memorabilia I hadn't noticed before, among them was a goalie jerseybelonging to Pascal Leclaire.

PascalLeclaire was born on November 7, 1982, in Repentigny, Quebec, and was astandout prospect for the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL, eventually gettinghimself drafted 8th overall in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He made his NHL debutin the 2003-04 season, as a number three goalie to Marc Denis and FredBrathwaite. By 2005-06, Leclaire was the full-time backup to Denis and by2007-08, he had taken over the starting position, appearing in 54 games andrecording nine shutouts. With the arrival of Steve Mason in 2008-09 and FredrikNorrena as a solid backup, Leclaire fell out of the depth chart, eventuallybeing traded to Ottawa for the 2009-10 season. There he played until 2010-11before retiring from play. In 173 regular season games, Leclaire recorded a61-76-0-15 record with 10 shutouts, a 2.89GAA, and a 0.904% save average. Inthree playoff games, he recorded a 1-2 record with a 2.85GAA and a 0.920% saveaverage.

Thissize 58G road jersey was worn during the 2008-09 season. Wear is consistentwith that of a back-up goalie, complete with puck marks, and a couple of burnsblocker side. The lack of a team set tag is slightly unusual, but not the firsttime I've seen something of the sort, as it could have been a pre-season orback-up only worn piece that was unofficially backdoored by the team beforetagging (not confirmed, just speculation as I feel photos of Leclaire fromafter December of 2008 would be helpful).

Acquiredfrom: Wayne Wagner of Wayne's Sports Cards and Collectibles

Datesof Game Use: Unknown