2015 panini clear vision LUCKy me!

image.jpg

Did not want to get any after seeing the rough odds to get an auto, but sure glad I did!

Card is for sale, likely going on ebay unless I get an offer I can't refuse.

Inserts/Base:
    Rookie Revision: Eric Dickerson, Drew Brees
    Clear Winner Big Ben
    Sophomore Standouts: Teddy Bridgewater (traded) and Odell Beckham Jr
    Clarity: Johnny Manziel (holding back a comment on the subset name...)
    Rookies: Randy Gregory, Rashad Greene
    Red Parallel: DeAndre Hopkins 25/25 (pending)
    Base: Romo, Sherman, Wilson, Gronk, Murray, Namath, Thurman Thomas and Demaryius Thomas.

Cool looking cards, but some scratching on the surface for such a seemingly higher end card. I also think it is crazy that there is literally nothing to the cards, they have the players name and symbol from the team no other information, no stats, no personal info, nothing. The cards remind me of when no name companies would create cards with a picture of the player and a blank back. While I incredibly happy with the Luck pull, I will not be buying any more of the product.

All it seems to me is that they took their inserts from Prestige and made it a set, very basic, not a ton of effort on Paynini's part. If thinking about buying this, wait for the price to drop, for $60-75 a box with one hit, and odds of hitting an auto really bad I don't see the price holding up long.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Last edited by ctkenjr; 07-25-2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Update
    Hidden Content

Collecting Bears, also pick up Vikings for fellow traders.

Looking for a Phillip Dorsett Rookie, Got one?
    Hidden Content (Not Up to Date)

Hidden Content

Nope, but thanks for asking!
    Hidden Content

Collecting Bears, also pick up Vikings for fellow traders.

Very nice!
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos. Bucket - Hidden Content

I fully agree with your comment about this being a WAY OVER Priced product. I avoid it and don't intend to buy. A friend dropped $135 on two packs and if he were to sell the cards he pulled he might get $15 if he was lucky.

Odds on the autos are beyond any reason. Panini basically thinks we are stupid and will just throw our money down their hole. At least is my opinion on this product.

I have mixed reactions about this product. I like cards that look nice more than the average person and I like the acetate technology on these cards. The autos also for the most part are high end autos so if you are lucky enough to get an auto you will be happy with it and the odds if you look at other products aren''t really that terrible and this product probably out of all the other products out there is your best bet to land an auto of say someone like Brady or Elway.

What I don't like about this product is that it reminds me too much of Elite football with the clarity inserts. What is the point of putting the exact same card in another product and just making it look a little bit different? I don't get that. Any product has it's ups and downs and I don't think this product is totally terrible and right now the value isn't that bad with the stuff you get in a box.

My question is why the heck did they put 'c-thru' behind the auto window. Really? Panini has some serious design issues.

Great pull none-the-less.

I collect Kordell Stewart, Earl Campbell, Deacon Jones, Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson and Steelers cards.
    Working on 1968 & 1969 Topps Football sets and 1980 Stop 'n' Go.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ctkenjr View Post
    image.jpg

Did not want to get any after seeing the rough odds to get an auto, but sure glad I did!

Card is for sale, likely going on ebay unless I get an offer I can't refuse.

Inserts/Base:
    Rookie Revision: Eric Dickerson, Drew Brees
    Clear Winner Big Ben
    Sophomore Standouts: Teddy Bridgewater (traded) and Odell Beckham Jr
    Clarity: Johnny Manziel (holding back a comment on the subset name...)
    Rookies: Randy Gregory, Rashad Greene
    Red Parallel: DeAndre Hopkins 25/25 (pending)
    Base: Romo, Sherman, Wilson, Gronk, Murray, Namath, Thurman Thomas and Demaryius Thomas.

Cool looking cards, but some scratching on the surface for such a seemingly higher end card. I also think it is crazy that there is literally nothing to the cards, they have the players name and symbol from the team no other information, no stats, no personal info, nothing. The cards remind me of when no name companies would create cards with a picture of the player and a blank back. While I incredibly happy with the Luck pull, I will not be buying any more of the product.

All it seems to me is that they took their inserts from Prestige and made it a set, very basic, not a ton of effort on Paynini's part. If thinking about buying this, wait for the price to drop, for $60-75 a box with one hit, and odds of hitting an auto really bad I don't see the price holding up long.

Thanks,
    Ken
    What you need for Sherman, Wilson base ?