Help identifying an item / sheet of same card

Hello. I purchased dozens of uncut sheets of various sports cards at an estate sale last weekend and found this one quite peculiar as it is a sheet of all the same card. I've not seen that before and wondering if anyone can tell me if there's anything notable about it or if it's just a standard item? Also wondering which forum if any would be an appropriate place to inquire about its worth (if it's worth anything?)

Thanks in advance for any insight!
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Card Swap
    Perhaps they were intended to be Promo cards for that set but were never released.
    Traders:Hidden Content

Wantlist:Hidden Content

The want list at this link features what I need of Giroux, Couturier, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous set. If you have nothing from it I will consider CFL cards, current Senators, Carey Price, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy (Habs), vintage hockey (pre 1970) and trade bait.

Thanks and Happy Trading.

I would guess that the Lindros was produced late in the game - there were 442 cards in the set, but only the first 441 are on the printed checklists that were inserted in the packs (Beckett has a scan of both sides of the last checklist card on their site for 92-93 Bowman). Presumably of the remaining 441 cards, with 45 of them being special foil cards (44 all stars plus the Mario Lemieux Smythe) that leaves 396 standard cards or 6 x 66 (just like your 66 card sheet).

Beckett also warns of non glossy copies of the Lindros, not quite clear to me if that's sheet cut copies from sheets like yours if the sheet snuck out the back door before being given a glossy finish, or if there's something else to their warning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Interesting information. The card is #442. This sheet is not glossy. Perhaps this left the factory in a less than savory fashion or was discarded for some reason but not destroyed? And why would they print a whole sheet of just #442?

I can't find any other example of this particular sheet so I guess all I can do is speculate. Sadly the original owner has passed away and I don't think the folks running his estate sale would have had any insight on the backstory of this person's card collection. All I can say is he clearly collected uncut sheets of all sorts of stuff from 1990-1992. (Shrugs)

Maybe it's just a fun little thing for a Lindros fan to put up on their wall as a conversation piece, "authorized" or not as a poster.
    Last edited by Dougmanct; 08-03-2015 at 04:31 PM.

As to the question of why would they print a whole sheet of just card 442? My memory's a little hazy on when the product was released, but Score had the exclusive license to Eric Lindros at the time, and until he played in the NHL no one else cold make cards of him (though this didn't stop Upper Deck from the somewhat controversial move at the time of acquiring the rights to all the Canada Cup teams and thus sneaking in a Lindros Team Canada card). Presumably Bowman had all been printed and then Lindros hit the ice which made him an Nhlpa member, thus open to all the other manufacturers... and Bowman probably printed off some last minute batches of card 442 to get him in the set. At the time Bowman was a very short printed set compared to the hugely overprinted other sets on the market, so if memory serves correct the Lindros was a very valuable card at the time, and the distinction between legit glossy pack inserted cards vs back doored sheet cut cards was important at the time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by sedinfan View Post
    Presumably Bowman had all been printed and then Lindros hit the ice which made him an Nhlpa member, thus open to all the other manufacturers... and Bowman probably printed off some last minute batches of card 442 to get him in the set.
    Spot on!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (59% complete) / Hidden Content (42% complete) / Brian Propp (51% complete)