Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Val "Iceman" Kilmer

Val Kilmer played the role of fighter pilot Lt.Tom "Iceman" Kazansky in the movie "Top Gun". Unfortunately, some people think that Mr.Kilmer's autographs are "ghost signed". Hopefully that isn't true, but it's hard to know with TTM's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Thanks!
    I have some exciting things planned for this coming week. I've finally ordered some frame mats for framing some 8x10's along with some of my autographed cards, and I've also ordered some Enduring Freedom propaganda leaflets. I'll probably frame some, and send a few out to try to get signed.

What time period were you in the military? I would be honored to add your autograph to my collection too!

I joined the Army in December of 1969 and retired in June of 1992. I then went into the retired reserves in case they needed to recall me for anything and stayed there until my 60 birthday in 2011. I thought I would only get credit for the original 22.5 years but they credited me for 42 years of service. The most shocking thing of it all is I never went into a conflict. I took my training in 1970 at the famed Tigerland in Fort Polk then on to Fort Sam to be trained as a combat medic and never left the states. Then transferred to the Army Reserves and became an instructor and taught developmental and tactical classes and traveled around the northeast for that. To this day I do not know why I never hit Nam and I have to admit Desert Storm was over before some of us ever left the States. Some of my students got there before me. I guess the man upstairs had other plans for me. Even though I am termed a veteran and I collect a pension I sometimes feel that I do not belong in the same class as those who were on the front lines.

You are really doing a good job with this collection and I hope you keep it up as at least for me its an honor to see what you are doing for those vets you have procured.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Capt.James W. Orvis

Capt.James W. Orvis served in the United States Navy, and was the commanding officer of the USS England during Desert Storm.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 03-16-2017 at 11:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Picture Frame/Frame Mat

I've been planning since last year to find a frame mat that could hold an 8x10 picture and an autographed card. I live in Alaska, so many of the places that made them either didn't want to ship to Alaska, or they wanted to charge a lot more for shipping than they do to people who live in the continental U.S. Earlier this year I found a 5-pack of 11x14 frame mats (the ones in the picture) on Ebay for $25.00 +$6.10 shipping and handling. Kind of expensive, but it was the best option I could find.

Today I went to Walmart and bought an 11x14 frame, removed the frame mat that came with the frame, put the other mat, picture of members of the Khrushcehev family, and my Desert Storm card signed by Sergei Khrushchev inside and it worked perfectly!

I think that this is a great way to display cards, especially cards that are autographed but don't have a picture of the signer on the card.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 03-18-2017 at 01:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

MSgt.Mark "Ranger" Jones

MSgt.Mark "Ranger" Jones served in the United States Army as an Army Ranger. He was involved in Desert Storm and Haiti. During his career he made more than 4,000 parachute jumps, and even jumped with former president George H.W. Bush. He also served as an aide to Gen.Henry Shelton.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 03-26-2017 at 08:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lt.Gen.Marcus Anderson

Lt.Gen.Marcus Anderson served in the United States Air Force from 1961-1996. He accumulated 4,400 flight hours during his career in planes such as the F-100, F-4, F-15, and A-10. Lt.Gen.Anderson flew 240 missions in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. From 1993-1996 he was the inspector general of the air force.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 03-30-2017 at 09:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lt.Gen.Harold Blot

Lt.Gen.Harold Blot served in the United States Marine Corps from 1962-1966.
    During his career he accumulated 5,000 flight hours, and flew in 60 combat missions during the Vietnam War.

While working as a test pilot he tested more than 25 types of tactical airplanes. He also flew an NF-104A rocket assisted plane to higher than 100,000 feet. Only 3 NF-104A planes were made, and one of them was crashed by the legendary pilot Chuck Yeager. I asked Lt.Gen.Blot which plane was his favorite to fly and he told me that it was the F-8 Crusader.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

Man, you have some real awesome returns. I never had the honor of serving in the military, but have tremendous respect for everyone who has. Your project sheds some light on a very interesting era of military history as well!

God Bless,

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

Val Kilmer played the role of fighter pilot Lt.Tom "Iceman" Kazansky in the movie "Top Gun". Unfortunately, some people think that Mr.Kilmer's autographs are "ghost signed". Hopefully that isn't true, but it's hard to know with TTM's.

This one looks good, I have gotten Val ttm before, and his signature here matches up with the IP examples I have seen! Cool idea to include him, I bet he doesnt see many of these cards to sign, so a cool addition for sure! Great that he chose gold pen too!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011