Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlramman's Items on eBay

Nice! I got Stormin Norman on one of these before he passed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I tried to get his autograph a couple years ago around the same time I got them from Powell and Baker, but I couldn't find any good contact info for him. I was collecting ttm's from lots of random people at that time, so I gave up on him.........then he died

Now I know better ways to find contact info for retired military people and my Desert Storm collection keeps growing. I've sent out about 40-50 cards the past couple of weeks, and got 7 more this morning from General Horner and Admiral Abbot. I'll probably be getting more next week too.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Adm.Charles Abbot

Adm.Charles Abbot served in the United States Navy from 1966-2000. He was in both the Vietnam War, and the first Gulf War. He was the captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt during Desert Storm. In 1997 he was the commander of Operation Silver Wake which evacuated people from Albania. Adm.Abbot flew combat missions in Vietnam, and accumulated 3,600 flight hours during his career.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-17-2016 at 05:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gen.Charles Horner

Gen.Charles Horner served in the United States Air Force from 1958–1994. Serving in Vietnam as a fighter pilot and in Desert Storm as the commander of the U.S. and allied air forces.

Gen.Horner flew many types of airplanes during his career, amassing more than 5,300 flight hours. During one tour alone he flew 41 combat missions over North Vietnam in an F-105. He was awarded a Distinguished Flying Cross for his heroic bravery for flying in bad weather over Vietnam, while taking enemy ground fire and becoming the first pilot in military history to destroy an operational surface to air missile (SAM) site.

He later flew 70 missions in an F-105 as a Wild Weasel pilot in which he would fly over the jungles of Vietnam purposely trying to attract enemy fire from below, so that soldiers on the ground and bombers in the sky would have a better idea of where the enemy locations were and they would then be able to engage them.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-17-2016 at 05:45 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Adm.Stanley R. Arthur

Adm.Stanley R. Arthur served in the United States Navy from 1957-1995. He took part in both the Vietnam war and Desert Storm. While a pilot in Vietnam, he flew over 500 missions earning many awards including 11 Distinguished Flying Crosses (second most ever) and more than 50 air medals making him one of the most highly decorated veterans of the war.

He flew the A-4 Skyhawk during Vietnam. He flew 514 combat missions, 1,073 carrier landings and amassed 4,829 flight hours during his career.

8/30/15
    Cliff-
    Good luck with your collection!
    All the best,
    Stan Arthur
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-17-2016 at 07:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gen.John P. Abizaid

Gen.John P. Abizaid served in the United States Army from 1973-2007. He served in Grenada, Desert Storm and many other wars and conflicts across the globe. His 1983 actions in Grenada as an Army Ranger captain that told fellow Rangers to drive a bulldozer towards enemy Cubans after parachuting onto a runway, while other Rangers moved behind it using it as cover, was used by actor/producer Clint Eastwood in a scene the 1986 movie about a Marine recon unit called "Heartbreak Ridge".

Besides taking pat in the invasion of Grenada, he helped protect Kurdish refugees from the Iraqi army during the Gulf War, and served in Bosnia, Kosovo, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. He was the leader of Central Command (CENTCOM) from 2003-2007.

He was the commandant of cadets at the United States Military Academy at West Point from 1997-1999, he graduated from there himself in 1973.

8/28
    Cliff: Here are the signed cards. Best of luck in your collection.
    John P. Abizaid
    Gen. ( R ) USA
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-17-2016 at 07:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool collection...I have dozen of high profile military leaders. Good luck with it

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Military veterans seem to be very good signers!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Unknown

Veteran of the United States Air Force.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-17-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast