Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Brig.Gen.Anthony "Kimo" Schiavi

Brig.Gen.Anthony "Kimo" Schiavi served in the United States Air National Guard from 1988-2013. He was a veteran of Desert Storm, flew 56 combat missions in an F-15, and shot down an Iraqi MIG-23 fighter jet.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 03:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lt.Gen.Thomas L. Baptiste

Lt.Gen.Thomas L. Baptiste served in the United States Air Force from 1973-2007. During his time in the Air Force he flew around 3,000 hours in multiple different airplanes including the F-4 and F-16. He ended his career as the deputy chairman of the NATO military committee. During his career he served at multiple locations around the world.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 03:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gen.Bryan "Doug" Brown

Gen.Bryan D. Brown served in the United States Army from 1966-2007. He spent his career in the special forces and served all over the world.

He served multiple tours in Vietnam, first in infantry and then as a special forces UH-1 helicopter pilot where it was his job to insert and extract American special forces teams into and out of enemy territory.

In 1979 he was one of the planners of the backup mission during the Iranian Hostage Crisis to rescue hostages that were being held at the American embassy in Iran after the first rescue mission had failed. The hostage situation was resolved before Brown's backup mission could be put into action. If the mission would have gone through as planned, Gen.Brown’s helicopter would have been the first one into Tehran, as the Air Force aircrafts that were originally supposed to lead the army in had too many problems, so the army then planned to go in by themselves.

He later served in the invasion of Grenada, conducted missions during the Iran-Iraq war and others. In 1988 he was part of the team that recovered an abandoned Soviet made helicopter in Chad, Africa. During the mission, 75 troops and 2 Chinook helicopters were put inside of a C-5 Galaxy airplane and flown into Chad. The two Chinooks flew to the location of the Soviet helicopter that had been previously used and abandoned by Libya. The Soviet helicopter was connected to one of the Chinooks and flown back to base. Then all 3 of the helicopters were loaded into the C-5 Galaxy and flown back to the United States. That mission was called Operation Mount Hope III.

Brown’s units were likely the first combat pilots to start wearing night vision goggles which were originally meant to be used by soldiers on the ground. They cut the goggles and attached them to their flight helmets. They did that while practicing for the backup mission during the Iranian Hostage Crisis, the Invasion of Grenada was the first time they were used by pilots in an actual mission, and Operation Prime Chance was the first time they were used in battle when an Army helicopter engaged an Iranian boat that was laying mines.

Gen.Brown helped lead a special forces battalion during Desert Storm. He helped to get them in and out and to resupply the ones that were there on the ground in Iraq.

He was the leader of all American special forces from 2003-2007 during the last four years of his military career.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 03:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gen.Ronald Keys

Gen.Ronald Keys served in the United States Air Force from 1967-2007. During his career, he accomplished more than 4,000 flight hours including 300+ hours of combat flights in Southeast Asia earning a Distinguished Flying Cross. He served in many locations all over the world.

Cliff,
    All the best with your collection! I spent a few years flying F-16’s out of Eielson Air Force Base near Fairbanks- Hope all is well in Kodiak!

Regards,
    Ronald Keys
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 05:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Igor Sikorsky Jr.

Igor Sikorksy Jr. is the son of aircraft pioneer Igor Sikorsky Sr. 1889-1972.
    The Sikorsky family has been one of the main names in aviation since the early years of flight. Sikorsky made aircrafts have been credited with saving an estimated 2 million lives since 1944!

Glad to be of service-

Warmest regards
    Igor S.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 05:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

VADM.Barry M. Costello

VADM.Barry M. Costello served in the United States Navy from 1973-2007.

1/5/16
    Cliff, Good luck on your collection. I commanded Constellation Battle Group in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003, and the Third Fleet in San Diego-2005-2007
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 05:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dick Cheney

White House Chief of Staff from 1975-1977 under President Gerald Ford. Dick Cheney served as the secretary of defense during Desert Storm under President George H.W. Bush from 1989-1993. He was the 46th vice president of the United States from 2001-2009 under President George W. Bush

He is considered by some people as being one of the most if not the most powerful vice presidents ever.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 06:37 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Being retired Army I love seeing this thread. I did not make it to Desert Storm and retired a few months later in June but this is definitely a great challenge to complete. I do remember the card set we did have which was the top Iraqis we were looking for and I might still have in my duffel bag . Keep up the good work and I commend you for tracking down everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for your service, and I'm glad that you like this thread!
    At first I thought I might get lucky and get a couple autographs from guys like James Baker and Charles Horner, but my collection keeps growing really fast. I even got a bunch of cool autographs from two guys today that I'll post later tonight or tomorrow morning. Yesterday I got a deck of "Iraqi Freedom" cards which include 3 generals in uniform that have previously signed Desert Storm cards for me before. I like getting autographs from all kinds of people, but I've been just focusing on military autographs most of the time now. It's really cool to read about their amazing careers and have their autographs, and about half of them have written me notes/letters!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Col.Cesar "Rico" Rodriguez

Col.Cesar "Rico" Rodriguez served in the United States Air Force from 1981-2006. He was an F-15 fighter pilot and shot down three planes, two Iraqi Mig's in 1991 during Desert Storm, and one Yugoslavian Mig in 1999. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and legion of merit. He also flew the A-10 Thunderbolt/Warthog during some point of his career, but his exploits in the F-15 make him one of the best, if not the best American combat pilot in the post-Vietnam era.

Cliff-
    I want to thank you for your commitment to your education. Find the signed items you have requested. One favor-Please do not sell these items.

Continued Success,
    ®
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 06-18-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast