Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wilson-collectibles's Items on eBay

What 06-07 rookie should I collect?

What 06-07 rookie should I collect......I was thinking Kyle Lowry or Quincy Douby......

Do you think they'll be good.....

lmk.....

If you any suggestions....feel free to comment....

celtics1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dont collect Morrison...thats my territory ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bball_mattyj's Items on eBay

Dont collect Morrison...thats my territory ;)

and mine :P

some others that might slip under the radar of collects are;

SHeldon Williams, Renaldo Balkman, Shannon BRown....should all be good players that might not get huge interest from collectors

collect randy foye or brandon roy or rudy gay there gonna b the best

SCF Rewards
    Country

just get who ever you like.

SCF Rewards

B. Roy is gonna be the best player out of this rookie class. Gonna be better than Chris Paul was as a rookie i think. You shouldv'e seen the guy at Washington... 6'6 point guard who can rebound, score, pass, and play D.... Ubaka from Cal had like a 17 game streak of 10+ points, until B Roy guarded him... he scored 4 and was like 2-14 shooting... so quick he shut down Dee Brown in the NCAA Tourney, and Dee Brown is like 8-10 inches shorter than him. I can't say enough about this guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See e1luk's Items on eBay

brandon roy is good, and while his game is one of the most polished, i highly doubt he'll be better than chris paul. chris paul's game was far more disciplined, refined, and just plain superior before he even entered the nba.

brandon roy's definite strength is his height. at 6'6" playing the 1 or 2 guard, he can shoot over anyone. the speed and physicality of the game is what he'll have to get used to. he scores mostly from the perimeter, but the perimeter game doesn't always translate to the nba level. he'll definitely need to work on finishing at the rim.

SCF Rewards

not to sound rude, but did you watch more than one or two Brandon Roy games? He DIDNT score mostly from the perimeter, but around the basket. If they played a smaller guy on him, he backed them down or shot over them. A bigger guy he could easily drive by. He doesn't have Reddick's shot or Wade's quickness, but he does everything on offense very well, and like i said, from watching about 20 of his games his senior year, i think his defense is his biggest asset. There really arent too many guys in the NBA who can be superstars at both ends of the court, but i think B Roy can. I will admit, I am a little bit biased because i attend UW ( ;) ), but I didn't see anyone in this year's draft, including Adam Morrison, that i would rather have on my team.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See e1luk's Items on eBay

he can post up with his size, but it's more about him adjusting to the nba than the game adjusting to him. sure college teams won't have much of a choice but to play their smaller guard against him, but everyone in the nba is bigger and faster.

i watch pac10 and acc basketball mostly, and even from los angeles, i will admit i hold an east coast bias. by perimeter i didn't mean from beyond the arc or even 20 footers. his 3 pointers are his weakness. he has a great jumper with his ability to elevate and can shoot pretty much from anywhere inside the arc. in his summer league games he really did use a lot of mid range jumpers, which is good.

i pretty much doubt almost everyone's ability to finish within the paint if they're a rookie. the transition to the pro level is a big leap. i admit i was wrong when i said he scores mostly from the perimeter. in college he did finish around the rim a lot more, and he showed a lot of it in the SPL as well. what i remembered best was his mid range game because of his ability to elevate over his defenders.

if you asked me who will be the rookie of the year, i'd pick roy. but if you say he's going to be better than chris paul, then i'd have to disagree. not being a true 1 but possibly being forced to play the one and sharing the backcourt with martell webster could possibly force him to change his game. hopefully he can still make use of his 2 abilities because he can create his own shot in one on one situations.
    Last edited by halekulani; 07-29-2006 at 02:35 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bluenote23lu's Items on eBay

what about tyrus thoms, seems like you guys totally forgot about him... and lamarcus aldridge ? cmon give the top picks some credit ey :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast