Yvan Cournoyer Autograph Signing - September 12th in Kelowna

https://www.facebook.com/events/1454484458188967/

Yvan Cournoyer is a member of a very exclusive club of hockey players, being one of only three men to win the Stanley Cup 10 times as a player. Known for his amazing speed and skill on the ice, seeing “The Roadrunner” blaze up the wing struck fear into defenders despite his diminutive size. With that speed came a lethal shot, earned from hours of practice shooting four-pound metal pucks in the off-season, making Cournoyer a model of consistency in the offensive department as he scored at least 25 goals for 11 straight seasons from 1966-67 to 1976-77.

Cournoyer also demonstrated great leadership, made evident when he was made team captain in 1975 on a roster that boasted such legends as Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Guy Lapointe, Pete Mahovlich, and Steve Shutt. From the time he was chosen by his teammates to lead them onto the ice, the Canadiens were a dominant dynasty, winning four straight Stanley Cups and setting regular season wins and points records that stand to this day. Though he was slowed by a back injury later in his career (which forced him to miss the entire 1977 and 1979 post-season Stanley Cup runs), Cournoyer still left the game on top of the hockey world.

In addition to his career with the Canadiens, Cournoyer was a member of the 1972 Team Canada squad that took on the Soviets in the Summit Series. He scored three goals in the tournament but most famously, he set up the game-winning goal scored by Paul Henderson and in the iconic photo of Henderson, it is Cournoyer with his arms around Henderson in celebration.

Following his retirement, Cournoyer was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1982. His 10 Stanley Cups tie him with Jean Beliveau for 2nd all time behind only Henri Richard. He ranks 4th all-time in Canadiens’ history for goals scored with 428, and his 863 points is 6th in team history. His #12 hangs in the rafters of the Bell Centre, retired in November 2005.

Players Choice is proud to have Yvan Cournoyer in store for an autograph signing and public event. We hope that you will join us in welcoming this legend of hockey on September 12th from 12:00-3:00 We will have photos, pucks & canvases available as well as a limited amount of jerseys. If you would like to reserve a jersey please call us. Mail orders are also available for this event for the same price $25 for the autograph and the cost of the item (8X10's & pucks $5.00 each) Bring your camera for a picture with the ten time Stanley Cup champion.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

2. Find Hockey Cards on Kronozio!!
    Hey Richard - do you know if they allow outside items? Would love to have a RC signed.

Absolutely you can bring in your own item.

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Unfortunately I won't be able to make my way to Kelowna that weekend. Is there anyone planning on going that could get something signed for me? I would love to get Mr. Cournoyer to sign one of his 2013-14 National Treasures Base cards /199. I have the rainbow with the base /199, /25, /10, /5, /1 as well as pretty much all his other cards from that set other than some 1/1s (I loved the product and the love they showed the Roadrunner) -- I'll try and do a show and tell after I get some time to scan them all in. That said, does anyone have an extra one of his base cards /199?

Send me a PM and I'll hook you up :)

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    Absolutely you can bring in your own item.
    Awesome, thanks for posting these signings!

We're getting closer and closer!
    Photos have been selected and will be going to the printer soon!

And check these out!

Hidden Content

Still kicking myself for missing the Lafleur signing!

Sorry i'm on the east coast and can't make it. I was fortunate, however to have attended a show in the early 90's ( 92 i think) in Ottawa where he was one of the signers. I forget who the others were. I got my 75-76 OPC card of him signed, and then later, he ended up sitting at a table i was sitting at in the snack area with a coffee. He had one as well, and we just talked about the show and collecting in general for a few minutes. Real nice guy.

The event is THIS SATURDAY!!!

Photos, pucks, and jerseys are at the shop now.

If you are interested in getting an autographed item please send me a PM.

There's a wide selection of photos to choose from, including shots of him with the Cup, Team Canada, and in action with the Habs.

I can take orders right up to Friday.

Hidden Content