These guys Hall worthy?

Kariya
    Tkachuk
    C Joseph
    c Osgood
    zubov
    Guerin

sorry for any misspelling

In my opinion, no, none of them are. I'm not a fan of the Hall of Very Good; I'd prefer it if they kept only the absolute best in there.
    My COMC Port: Hidden Content My prices are so low, you'll think I have brain damage!

I agree with the guy above, I wish they would only induct one guy a year or every couple years instead of five a year or whatever it is. Only the best of the best. When I think of Hall of Famer I think of Gretzky, Howe, Orr, Lemieux, Richard, Roy, Brodeur, Yzerman, Messier, Sakic, Bourque etc. not Chris Osgood and Bill Guerin, and that's not to dump on those guys or anybody else because they are great hockey players. the problem is if you put everyone in who is above average there is going to be over 500 people in the HOF within the next 50 years and then it won't even be a big deal anymore.

Tkachuk was a top power forward with a 1000 pts and 500 plus goals, pretty darn good. No cups though as he played for Jets, Yotes etc. Better than Clark Gilles for what its worth...
    Bucket: Hidden Content

LF: Ovechkin and 2012-13 Artifacts # /125/75//15/8/5/3/1
    2008-09 Black Diamond Quad JS Base, Gold and Onyx.

Ozzy will get in. Not toomany goalies get 400 wins. He not the best of the best, he just wins and that in places like New York as well. As most people only associate him with Detroit lol.
    Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

I know it is hard to compare eras and the HHOF is notoriously hard on goalies, but I feel like there should be threshold for wins that gets goalies into the HHOF, like there is with baseball pitchers. I think that number should be 400 wins, so Osgood and Joseph should be in. However, they probably won't be, because they weren't dominant goalies in their era. However, there are LOTS of players in the HHOF that don't meet that criteria.
    COLLECTING NY RANGERS
    Most Wanted: 2012-13 Fleer Retro Auto 40 Messier, 2009-10 ITG 1972 Auto A-BP2 Park
    Downsizing my Rangers PC: Hundreds of cards available, check out my
    Hidden Content and my COMC account

Your first four are better than many players already in the Hall. Eric Lindros, Dave Andyrchuck, Sergei Makarov, and Pat Verbeek are four more that I'd mention as being much better than Cam Neely, while still being out of the hall.

Zubov & Gurien (both very good players) I don't think I'd ever vote "yes" on.... not good enough IMO. Osgood & Joseph: No, they were never the "best" goalie in the league.... but they were excellent netminders for a long time, and put up great careers. I'd put Osgood in ahead of Joseph, but I would put both in eventually.

Karyia & Tkachuk? Anyone who watched them play would tell you how good they were. Karyia, in particular, was disgustingly good..... and then he got into concussion trouble.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Osgood is not a hall of famer.
    The voters know he is a product of his team.

Within 30 wins of Osgood are Barrasso, Moog, Vernon, and Vanbiesbrouck. None of those are HOFers either

Quote Originally Posted by doniceage View Post
    Ozzy will get in. Not toomany goalies get 400 wins. He not the best of the best, he just wins and that in places like New York as well. As most people only associate him with Detroit lol.
    Don

Maybe I'm biased but Verbeek and Makarov better than Neely? You can make an argument for Lindros, Kariya, Andreychuk and Tkachuk but those not two.

Avg Pts. Per Game

Verbeek - 0.74
    Makarov - 0.90
    Neely - 0.95

Avg Goals Per Game

Verbeek - 0.36
    Makarov - 0.31
    Neely - 0.54

Cam ranks 15th ALL TIME in Goals Per Game and he ranked 10th at the time of his retirement. Also only three players had a better goal scoring season than Neely did in 93-94 with 50 goals in 49 games. Those players are Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Brett Hull.

Even though Cam was never a passer he still beats Verbeek in assists per game and isn't too far behind Makarov

Add in the fact that he did all of that on a bum knee, was maybe the best power forward of all time and was a legitimately fearsome fighter and I don't know how you can say he's not a HOF'er, or even be using him as a comparable to players not in the hall.

Quote Originally Posted by cygnusx1 View Post
    In my opinion, no, none of them are. I'm not a fan of the Hall of Very Good; I'd prefer it if they kept only the absolute best in there.
    +1

Kariya probably would have been if he played longer, but his concussions prevented that. He WAS a top player in his time.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast