Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Card worth?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Card worth?

Would anyone have a idea what's this cards worth?...Bap maurice richard , stanley cup winners card 1/1 with piece of glove.......thx

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Going to need some additional information, year, scan, etc.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The only Stanley Cup Winners Maurice Richard card I can find in a search is from Ultimate Memorabilia Second Edition... now the original card was serial numbered out of 50, so a 1/1 copy could have come from a few places:

In Ultimate Memorabilia 5th Edition there was an Archives subset with emerald labels that were inserts in UM 5 (see http://www.itgtradingcardsarchive.co..._archives.html the second card pictures is a Doug Harvey example from the same subset). The Maurice Richard was definitely on the checklist so we know that one exists.

A few months back there was another Ultimate Memorabilia Archives with ruby labels at the Fall Expo if you purchased packs of UM 14. I don't believe checklists were ever released of what was included, so difficult to say if a Richard exists here.

Finally, the recent Ultimate Memorabilia Vault might have had up to 3 1/1's (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald), again no checklist so difficult to say if the Richard exists here either.

I'm no Maurice Richard expert, I'd imagine any memorabilia 1/1 of the Rocket would be pretty desirable, but I'm sure some of the other good folks on the forum could give you a ballpark value assuming it's one of the above. If you're able to share a pic or at least let us know what it says on the label that'd definitely help identify which one it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

2015-08-10 12.08.05.jpg

2004/05 bap memoribilia.......thk alot for the info guys.....i paid $160 about 10 years ago....itz a nice piece for my collection....as imma habber....
    Last edited by Islandguy69; 08-10-2015 at 04:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

As mentioned, the original print run from 2001-02 was 50 copies. This is basically that card repackaged with a different label. Some will see this as a 1/1, others won't. I personally wouldn't go over $75 for the original 2001-02 copy. Does the 1/1 label adds extra value? To me no, to others, yes. Almost impossible to say for sure. Us Habs collectors are known to pay crazy-stupid prices sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Would anyone have a idea what's this cards worth?

It's only "worth" what someone is willing to pay you for it, no matter what Mr. Beckett says.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess I made it worth $160.......sounds like it wasn't as good of a deal than I thought......i thought the other cards were just jersey cards and this had a glove.....dumb me...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

It's hard to judge what's a good or bad deal with these types of cards. Honestly, if you tried selling, it would probably be a tall order to try to get your money back out of it. If you are a Habs fan, you'd probably want to hang on to it anyway. Can't argue with the fact that it's still a really nice card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I'll throw a number out there of USD $100-$120. Tough piece, hard to find, yet year after year more Richard pieces come to market. Makes a nice cornerstone for a Rocket collection!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't think $160 is all that crazy..... it's an Ultimate Archives (from the 5th set) rather than one of the Vault cards. While that's not a HUGE issue for me, the eye appeal of the card is nicer without the stamp IMO.

There are more and more Richard pieces coming out each year (though one of these years, that will stop) but the big thing with this card - like most (all?) pre-2005 lockout ITG - is that it's licensed. You actually get a full shot of Richard on the card, with logos.

Is it worth $160? That might be a stretch. If the original card was /50 and sells for $75 (as someone else suggested) then a premium of more than double the price?? Might be a tall order to recoup that cash.... but if it was a case of being a small-to-moderate overpay to get a card you really wanted, wouldn't be the first time I did it, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast