Thread: BURNED TWICE on the 'Bay

BURNED TWICE on the 'Bay

Just got burned twice by 2 separate seller on eBay, BOTH of which are now no longer registered users. Both required paying with money order, so it's partially my fault...

The first was a Prime Patches dual patch/auto of Vizquel that the seller dropped in a bubble mailer without putting in a top-loader. It arrived with the corner pretty beaten up. No response to email or voicemail, and his answering machine has no msg just a "beep."

The other guy shipped me one of 2 cards, shorting me a Prime Patches jumbo patch /37 of Vizquel. Again no response to email and he provided eBay with the wrong phone number.

These maggots are:
    1) "coins_cards_currency" of Pleasant Valley, NY
    2) "1250joshm" of Peabody, MA

If anyone knows either one, I'd be eager to have a chat with them. If you'd like more info like their names, etc., email me and I'll be happy to share what I know...

Angry Hey

It was not your fault. If a guy requests MONEY ORDERS it does not mean he BAD. You just caught a bad seller..I hope you can get things resolved...Thats SUCKS :icon_evil

Quote Originally Posted by SPINOUT
    It was not your fault. If a guy requests MONEY ORDERS it does not mean he BAD. You just caught a ROTTEN SON OF A ..I hope you can get things resolved...Thats SUCKS :icon_evil
    Spinout you've got to try and use cleaner language, there are young kids on these boards. Maybe you could edit your post.

Yea it wasnt your fault. It's good you contacted ebay so that there 2 idiots dont screw anyone else over, and what does it take to put a case in a top loader and send it out. People are getting to be so lazy these days.

Really important to also look at the sellers feedback. Even a 1/10 of percentage can actually give cause for concern. Like for instance 99.9. Somewhere the seller was marked off for a bad trade. Could be wrong on that, but if it starts below 100% look and look close. Helps to determine if you want to buy or not.

Did you make these deals on the last minute type bid. That presents another can of worms. When you quick bid you get busted by bad sellers oftern. Reason you are worried about the price and not the more important isssue seller. Maybe the seller should be auctioned and not the card.

Like the others I really hope for your sake these deals work out. If they dont hope the money wasnt big. Really puts a damper on card collecting for sure. Keep your head up and know you did the right thing. Now they face the music weather they know it or not.

I got burned by jtgcards and he doesn't respond to e-mails. Still waiting on a refund from Paypal. Taking 2 months.

[QUOTE=LTZ]Really important to also look at the sellers feedback. Even a 1/10 of percentage can actually give cause for concern. Like for instance 99.9. Somewhere the seller was marked off for a bad trade. Could be wrong on that, but if it starts below 100% look and look close. Helps to determine if you want to buy or not.

QUOTE]

Your example doesn't make sense...are you say a a guy with a rating of 1998/2000 =99.9% is of concern?!?! I'd rather buy from that person vs a guy with 100% and only 50 rating...but that's just me.

Anyway, it's just a run of bad luck...new or old seller...it happens...if the mo was by the post office it can be traced - right?

1250joshm is:
    Josh Manuel Aila
    Peabody, MA
    (781) 526-3333

coins_cards_currency is:
    Stephen Crane
    Pleasant Valley, NY
    (845) 471-5796

Both are no longer registered users. However if you run across their names, addresses, or similar usernames, you might want to watch out!

I'll edit with complete mailing addresses when I get home...

Quote Originally Posted by Vizquel_Fan
    Just got burned twice by 2 separate seller on eBay, BOTH of which are now no longer registered users. Both required paying with money order, so it's partially my fault...

The first was a Prime Patches dual patch/auto of Vizquel that the seller dropped in a bubble mailer without putting in a top-loader. It arrived with the corner pretty beaten up. No response to email or voicemail, and his answering machine has no msg just a "beep."

The other guy shipped me one of 2 cards, shorting me a Prime Patches jumbo patch /37 of Vizquel. Again no response to email and he provided eBay with the wrong phone number.

These maggots are:
    1) "coins_cards_currency" of Pleasant Valley, NY
    2) "1250joshm" of Peabody, MA

If anyone knows either one, I'd be eager to have a chat with them. If you'd like more info like their names, etc., email me and I'll be happy to share what I know...

That happened to me a couple years back, I got a Kenyon Martin UD rookie and when I got it there was a dent the size of texas in the middle. I like EBAY but it does happen some times.