Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

$700 exquisite sticker autos

looks like pippen's exquisite auto patches are stickers. that would suck...paying 700 for a box and ending up with a sticker auto. you would think that if ud expects people to pay that much they would at least have the athletes sign the cards...not a sheet of crappy stickers. and if you cant get them to sign then dont insert them into such high dollar stuff. thats just crap!!

pippen:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SCOTTIE-PIPPEN-E...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Lik555; 07-29-2006 at 03:48 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bigbronco89's Items on eBay

for some reason it does not look like a sticker to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See sense61's Items on eBay

thats defiantly a sticker you can see the edges of the sticker and your right that does suck

idk what the big deal is....your paying for the autograph so who cares if its on a clear sticker or not? it does not distract fromt he look of the card 99% of the time. would you rather have the player sign the actual card and then some kind of screw up occur when there are being transported back to UD and all the cards wind up with dinged corners? i honestly cat think of one person who would buy a 700$ pack of cards and the the first thing they say is "im pissed so much....700$ and i pulled a sticker of some guy named jordan?"

james

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by jaybiddyforeal
    idk what the big deal is....your paying for the autograph so who cares if its on a clear sticker or not? it does not distract fromt he look of the card 99% of the time. would you rather have the player sign the actual card and then some kind of screw up occur when there are being transported back to UD and all the cards wind up with dinged corners? i honestly cat think of one person who would buy a 700$ pack of cards and the the first thing they say is "im pissed so much....700$ and i pulled a sticker of some guy named jordan?"

james

on card autos are worth more in the eye of the collector

Quote Originally Posted by bravesfan09
    on card autos are worth more in the eye of the collector

im a collector and i dont think so. there was a post ont he BMB's about this and is was actually about 90% didnt mind sticker autos while only 10% did so i wouldnt really say thats true.

james

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jelloshot's Items on eBay

I don't mind those clear stickers at all. Also I thought all of UD products had the clear stickers?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See sense61's Items on eBay

James

I think people perfer the on card autos for two reasons. one people think that the glue will dry out in few years and fall of the card. And two because when the card is signed that means it was actually touched by the player. i know it sounds lame but thats what I have heard. That why I have taken up the task of collecting Sweet Spots because that leather and the auto isnt going anywhere.

Just my 2 cents.

Karl

karl,

i understand about them being "played touched" but there are a lot worse things out there then a sticker auto. this statement jsut made me think about how spoiled collectors are.

"that would suck...paying 700 for a box and ending up with a sticker auto"

seriously....would you complain if you pulled a dual logoman auto of lebron and MJ just because the autos are on CLEAR stickers? or even pulling an auto of your favorite player. you think that getting you favortie player's auto would be sufficient enough to make you happy but no, your still have a sliver of anger in you because its on a sticker. if you dont like stickers, find a non-sticker set. sticker autos are here to stay wheter you like it or not.

james

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats my point exactly...EXQUISITE HAS AND SHOULD STILL BE A NON-STICKER SET...thanks for making it for me. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast