Thread: ? regarding Paypal

? regarding Paypal

I have recently got back into the sports card scene and have been using ebay a lot to purchase cards/boxes. What is this paypal? I think I have a good idea of what it is, but I am very weary of giving out bank #s due to the fact of the horror stories I've heard about Ebay.

thanks

Paypal is a safe company to give this information to. In fact paypal is more safe to use than any other form of payment on the net. For purches over $10 I would suggest only using paypal do to the fact that it gives you a little (be it slow) protection. That way you do not buy a box for $200 and recieve nothing in return as would happen with concealed cash, MO or check.

On a side note

Welcome to SCF.

Also do not forget to update your profile/signiture. These 2 things can go a long way in having other users let you know about cards they have for trade that you may want.

If you run into any problems or have any questions feel free to send me a line. If I cant help you, there are many other mods and veteren users that will be able to answer your questions in a quick and timly manner.

Also take time to read the stickies on the forums you plan on posting in befor you post to get a general guideline of whats going on.

Another note about PayPal... It is owner and operated by eBay. I've been using it to pay for 90% of my online transactions for the past 7 years or so and have never had any problems.

Ok. So I have now activated a 'paypal' account. How do I deposit money into it, and get started? My toungue is going to fall off from licking so many envelopes.

All you really need to do is register a credit card or bank account and then you can send money out of what you registered. No need to send money in. You will only grow a balance if you sell items that payed for by paypal. If you do not have a bank account registered you are limited to sending $2000 and then they can your account.

Now it says I need to wait 2-3 Business days to confirm the account? I have things to pay for ASAP!!! what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by GBizzle
    Now it says I need to wait 2-3 Business days to confirm the account? I have things to pay for ASAP!!! what is going on?
    They want to make sure that you are really you. If you used your bank account they will make 2 small deposits in your account that only you can identify. Then you tell them the amounts and you are all set. It might seem like a nuisance but it serves it's purpose.

Last time I did my account they had a thing to verify using online banking. It's faster. LOL