Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gah! Curse of the FAT CARD!

Gah! Curse of the FAT CARD!

I recently pulled a Daunte Culpepper GU Football card. It's worth a nice amount, so I wanted to protect my investment by putting it into a penny sleeve and top loader. There's one problem though, this card is FAT (thick is a good word also)! The distance from the back of the card to the front of the card is 1/3 of a centimeter. It won't fit into any penny sleeve or top loader.

Are there any penny sleeves or top loaders that will accomodate for such a monster of a card?

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    yup....you can get toploaders that are like 1/4 in thick...ask your local hobby shop or check online for supplies....they are more expensive than the regular ones, but worth the money to protect your cards

Quote Originally Posted by anaheimnational
    have u tried cuting down the side a little......
    Thanks, I'll go try that right now.

Yeah right

ok hope it works.....works for me
    My card is ruined. Thank you.

you are better off just buying the proper supplies rather than "squeezing" cards into protectors they aren't meant to be in....atleast you will know for the next card you pull

Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    My card is ruined. Thank you.

How did you ruin the card by cutting the penny sleeve? But, yes...you need to just invest in the proper protection.

wait wat...ur kidding right.....the penny sleve
    I thought you were giving me some joke advice about cutting down the card, and I gave you a sarcastic answer.

MY BAD!

I'm not very sharp today...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast