Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fake Patch- How To Tell?

I just bought a Prime Patches patch card /89 and it's got an absolutely sweet piece of the "Chief Wahoo" patch in it. I've seen a WIDE variety of quality for these cards- some have many colors, and others are 98% jersey with a tiny corner of patch. This holds true for the same card, for example where #04/89 is beautiful multicolor logo and #63/89 only has the tiny patch corner. These Prime Patches cards seem to be especially suceptible to this. I have a name-plate patch card with a team-logo, and other examples...

The thing is, I think all the examples I've seen of these mistakes or questionable patches are either Donruss or Fleer products. This leads me to believe that they just threw stuff together. Is that likely or even possible? I've heard a few stories of cards with swatches of obviously the wrong team, like getting pin stripes when there shouldn't be or completely wrong color.

My other thought is that someone switched out the patch, which I know is becoming more likely. How can I tell? I don't have a scanner or I'd attach a pic.

Any thoughts or insight? Hoping I didn't get ripped off!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr-baseballman's Items on eBay

It's not easy to say 100% whether a patch card is authentic. However, as a buyer you can help yourself by looking for a few things. First off if you see a card that you question check at Beckett for info, also check with the card manufacturer. The card manufacturers have helped us a little by putting "prime" on cards that are patch cards. Also, look at the sellers other items. If they seem to have an unreal amount of super sweet patch cards then there is a chance you ran into a card doctorer.

See ichiro44's Items on eBay

wats the guys id

BANNED

Country

Prime patches will say what part of the jersey its from. If you have a logo patch with a card that says number patch, its fake. If it says nameplate and there is a sleeve swatch, fake, etc. Also check Beckett for the card to be legit or not.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See antique_ish's Items on eBay

Here is a GREAT example of what you are talking about. This is my card, I bought it about 2 years ago. Still have it because I am not sure 100% if it is real or fake.

I have contacted DLP via email and about a month later still no repsonse.

LMK what you guys think!! It is serial #ed to 75 on the back. No evidence of tampering at all.

LMK.

Thanks
    Mike

Country

stang i used to have a mcnabb like that it was the one /75 but it had a patch

Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See antique_ish's Items on eBay

That McNabb is just like my Moss.

So do you guys think this Moss is a real one? Maybe it is from an older jersey before the Patch Logos were stitched right on the Jersey?

Thanks
    Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Falcons Portland Blazers
    See CavemanCards_Store's Items on eBay Instagram:

wow...identical. lol

BANNED

Country

Mike they are both legit, yours and his. It would be next to impossible to fake either one of those cards. Donruss will not respond to your question either, at least they never have for me or anyone else I know for that matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast