SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nepasportscorner's Items on eBay

WOW! Mail Day includes a 5 Color patch; You gotta see this

BEAUTIFUL MAIL DAY:

Here's what I got in the mail today:

5 Color Chris Chelios Patch /19 (BGS 9) Graded.

Paul Coffey 3 Color Logo Jersey /36 (Error Card)

I will consider trading or selling these if the deal is right.
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Thoughts on this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

What's the error?

SCF Rewards
    Country

This card is a Penguins jersey, but they printed Detroit Red Wings on the card

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

They do that all the time. I personally find it to be more lazy than the card being an error. I'm not sure that there are more examples from this specific set but it's not uncommon to see a patch on a card that matches the team a player previously played for, especially if they were traded recently. As a collector of a specific team I wouldn't want that card so I'd say it actually limits your market than increases it's value. I think that card goes to a coffey collector and that's about it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See jimmcnulty1990's Items on eBay

Yeah I don't think it's an error, but it is bizarre. Pictured as an all-star, says red wings, penguins patch. I understand the patch, I mean you gotta use what you have. They may not have had a detroit gamer or they used up the one they did have and ran out. Thing is, if you're not gonna use red wings patches why choose detroit as the team? It's not like that was the first or last team he played for so there's no real significance to that era of his career.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chelios is still available....anyone interested?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I don't think it's an error, but it is bizarre. Pictured as an all-star, says red wings, penguins patch. I understand the patch, I mean you gotta use what you have. They may not have had a detroit gamer or they used up the one they did have and ran out. Thing is, if you're not gonna use red wings patches why choose detroit as the team? It's not like that was the first or last team he played for so there's no real significance to that era of his career.

My recollection of what happened here was Panini was already well into production of 13-14 Prime when they learned they wouldn't be getting their license renewed, so they likely originally only intended to use one jersey (probably an All Star gamer), they then decided to clear out a bunch of memorabilia and just printed off a bunch more copies of the same Prime Colors cardboard regardless of whether the team on the cardboard matched the additional game-worn jerseys they needed to use up. A bit odd though that they chose to use an All-Star photo, but kinda makes sense looking at some other copies of his Prime cards from that release - it looks like the photo is from the 1993 All Star game, and some of the other cards from this release on ebay for him show the same 1993 All Star Patch shoulder patch. He was technically a Red Wing at the time since he got traded to Detroit just days before the All Star game. Suppose it makes sense that the team name they used was the one he played for at the time, even if the picture and some of the jerseys on the cards were All Star - and then presumably the Pittsburgh jersey was just the excess inventory they needed to get rid of.
    Hidden Content
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great patch! Awesome Coffey too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

There is lots of this in the prime set. I know Selanne has it as well. Some jets patches as a duck. They use a common cardboard for all the patches