SCF Rewards
    Country

Help with collecting Hockey

Hey been a on and off fan for awhile but have really gotten back into hockey the last couple years. I live in the Pacific Northwest where hockey isn't really popular. This being said lcs around here don't carry hockey. I decided to start collecting hockey is because the patches are amazing and the cards just look nice. I'm a Bruins fan and need some help on what products to look for probably on the bay to buy! Will probably buy boxes and any help about what to get would be awesome. Thanks Josh
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See jimmcnulty1990's Items on eBay

Yeah LCS's in the States don't carry much of it which sucks. I live in greater Boston which is a hockey hotbed and I only know of one shop that specializes in hockey (It's actually called slapshot sportscards) and it's miles and miles away from where I live so I only go like once a year. I recommend dacardworld.com for buying boxes online, they are very reputable and well known and have the best hockey prices on the planet. eBay and the buy/sell section of this site are where you wanna go for singles.

If you're collecting mostly Bruins but don't mind cards of other teams as well I would recommend products from 07-08 (Rask, Krejci rookie years), 09-10 (Marchand rookie year) and 14-15 (Pastrnak rookie year). Older boxes that include early Bergeron and Chara cards may be harder to find but it doesn't hurt to look. However if you're only looking for Bruins cards I would recommend buying singles online as it's cheaper. Takes the fun out of ripping wax though.

If you're just looking to collect hockey in general the best products in terms of rookie starpower would be in my opinion:

2002-03 (Zetterberg, Nash, Spezza, Miller, Thomas, Sharp)
    2003-04 (Bergeron, Staal, Kesler, Fleury, Burns)
    2005-06 (Crosby, Ovechkin, Lundqvist, Keith, Perry, Getzlaf, Parise, Seabrook, Carter, Suter)
    2007-08 (Toews, Kane, Price, Rask, Krejci, Lucic, Ryan, Backstrom)
    2010-11 (Seguin, Hall, Eberle, Subban, OEL)
    2013-14 (MacKinnon, Galchenyuk, Hamilton, Huberdeau, Jones, Tarasenko, Monahan, Forsberg, Barkov)
    This Year (Ekblad, Gaudreau, Drouin, Pastrnak, Reinhart, Teravainen, Horvat)

Hope that helps bud.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kuz-22's Items on eBay

Just be careful with the patch cards. The large window patch cards from the Cup or Ultimate are always a target for people that rematch them.
    Super Collecting Marian Hossa