Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Roy Williams head from Kansas to North Carolina

how about that!

wonder what made him leave Kansas, esp. since the athletic director was fired?!?!

Of course, NC is ecstatic over this...wonder who is now going to coach Kansas?

Yeah, Williams just left because Collison and Hinrich did. If Kansas won the National Championship he might have stayed, but I doubt it. The Kansas fans were crying; but not me - there are always more opportunities out there.

Tim

Tim...you do have a pont there; the players left at Kansas aren't anything that would make Roy stay now vs. being able to grab the open coaching position at N.C.

You just can't pass up the UNC job. High school kids creme in their pants if they even hear their name and UNC in the same sentance.

Pod - You're right, they're good, but not great like future NBAers Collison and Hinrich.

Iggy - You're right, UNC is the college of choice for aspiring basketball stars. I've always wondered why it is so big, and why kids always wear UNC shirts and hats. I think it's the most popular school with the most people wearing their stuff. Is that because Jordan went there? Anyone know?

Tim

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    Iggy - You're right, UNC is the college of choice for aspiring basketball stars. I've always wondered why it is so big, and why kids always wear UNC shirts and hats. I think it's the most popular school with the most people wearing their stuff. Is that because Jordan went there? Anyone know?

Tim
    2 Reasons :

1)When you think about college basketball, UNC and UCLA are the first 2 teams you think of.

2)Everyone loves the baby blue uni's!

He is probably going to do very well at UNC. Have you guys been to Kansas? Well I have many times and that place sucks :) Must be tough to recruit there.

radiohead...never been to Kansas -- how exactly does it suck?

I lived in Chicago for 4 years -- very fun. Lived right near Division and Clark, where all the bars were located.

then I went to Minnesota for my residency..now that sucked. No bars, nothing exciting to do. at nights, everything was just dead.

well just like papa bear bryant went back to alabama, most coaches want to go back to the schools they played for. Think about how much it would be a honor for your favorite coach or school to ask you to either coach with them or coach the team. as I am sure there are many coaches that you had in the past you might not even know their first names as you only refer to them as coach and williams still refers to dean smith as coach smith, how is that for respect.

Originally posted by podstock
    radiohead...never been to Kansas -- how exactly does it suck?

I lived in Chicago for 4 years -- very fun. Lived right near Division and Clark, where all the bars were located.

then I went to Minnesota for my residency..now that sucked. No bars, nothing exciting to do. at nights, everything was just dead.
    it is ugly and there is absolutely nothing to do there. Very flat too. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast