Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (87)
    Country

My 3 Boxes of Superlative from the Expo!

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a single Show & Tell thread about Superlative yet! I know the price point scared a lot of us Canadians away, but since Superlative has always been one of my favorites I decided to try a box... Which turned into 2... Then 3. Seriously, Self control? Never heard of that...

Anyway, here are the spoils.

That's it for the jersey cards. The usual ITG/Leaf player selection. I gotta say, I just HATE the 1000 Point Club subset. I also got two in the same 7-card box... Now for the autographs...

Much better. The International Ice Signatures are acetate and look really good. The Immortals set is gorgeous, with the dark background and silver autograph. I'm also a big fan of the base autograph set.

Solid selection here. The Tony Esposito is gold /5, and I'll always be happy about a nice Roy pull... Now for a couple 1/1...

The Hull is a Printing Plate... Both Modano and Trottier are what I'd call a Rainbow Parallel 1/1. The foil looks great in person.

I was disappointed by the little vintage stuff there seems to be in the product... I still could get a couple nice pieces...

The Shore is the gold parallel /3... And the piece on the Worsley is just filthy.

Finally, I got one last card to show... Pulled it in my first box, and ended up being the best card of my breaks :

Very happy with that one. It was a nice surprise to pull a Shield out of a ITG/Leaf product.

So there you have it. Pricy? Yes, although the CAD definitely doesn't work in our favor. I really like that Leaf tried to take what wasn't working in the past ("Prospect" Autographs of marginal players for instance... Ian Schultz anyone?) and changed it around. There's still some work to do design-wise... Pictureless cards of a white piece of memorabilia in a 600$ product shouldn't exist (See Goulet or Dionne above). A Goulet or a Dionne gamer is way too valuable to lose some of it in a card like that. However, from the same set, I really like the Worsley, but this has to do with the visual quality of the memorabilia, not the design of the set.

What do you guys think?

Finally, as you guys maybe know, I've been doing video box breaks for quite some time now (after checking, my first box break was 08-09 Artifacts back in July 2009! - Also, you can hear the improvement in my english since then o_O), and I just decided to start a Facebook Page to help with my YT channel updates, and just communicate/interact with my subscribers more easily than what YT permits. So if you're interested by this sort of thing please like my page! :-D https://www.facebook.com/S4Kh4r0vSportsCards/
    ***MODS feel free to delete this part if you think it shouldn't be here***

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

Nice shield! Cards look really nice!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nepasportscorner's Items on eBay

Not bad, I like the vintage cards. That Worsley is a sick pull

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great looking cards IMO, some nice sets in here too. Congrats on the Belfour shield!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content