Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grading help needed

Cool Grading help needed

hey guys, i was just wondering what you think these two cards would grade, Karl Malone rookie and Jerry Rice Rookie. In the case of the Malone rookie the only spots i see are on the top and bottom of the cards also the top left corner has some wear. For the Rice rookie there are small circles on the top left and bottom left and the two top corners are somewhat worn. If you guys think i would grade high where should i go to grade them and how does grading work? thanks for anyone's help.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    malone - 8 to 8.5 (depending on how bad the surface spots are)
    rice - 7 to 7.5

thats from a reputable grading company

http://www.beckett.com/grading/

that should help you out. I'd tend to agree with theproudestmonkey with his estimates. Are you planning on grading them to keep or for resale?

wow its really expensive to grade isnt it. I was just gonna keep it, and resell when then make it to the hof or something like that i figure the prices for their rookies would increase when they get back in the sports spotlight. thanks for your opinions.

Jerry Rice is the Best player in the universe by the way.

you wont get much of an increase with them graded....the only time grading for resell is really worth it is when they are in real nice condition....i definately wouldn't recommend grading the rice though

from a quick glance i think the rice might be lower than 7. i have a few cards graded 8-8.5 and they are in a lot better condition. definitely get the Malone graded. If its a 9.5 or better its probably a $500 card. just saw a BGS 10 go for $5200. Even a BGS 9 would go for a good price. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman7795
    from a quick glance i think the rice might be lower than 7. i have a few cards graded 8-8.5 and they are in a lot better condition. definitely get the Malone graded. If its a 9.5 or better its probably a $500 card. just saw a BGS 10 go for $5200. Even a BGS 9 would go for a good price. good luck
    there is no way that malone gets a 9.5, and a 9 would be a gift....its off center to the naked eye, the surface isn't the best, its off color, and there are multiple print spots.

and yes, the rice could very easily be much worse....that was a generous grade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast