Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upper Deck- Truly The Greatest- N O T!

Wow, they just told me single card replacement is taking more that 10 weeks!

"We've fallen a little behind." they told me.
    "Well..." I said, "I heard the same thing 6 years ago, is there any hope of ever getting caught up?"
    "This kind of thing doesn't correct itself overnight."

I think that's the problem, they've been waiting (for 6 years) for the problem to CORRECT ITSELF. Maybe losing most of their customers would correct it for them! They're headed there. I know people who quit collecting entirely for less.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I sent in a Dual Jersey of Vick and Brunell to be replaced in 04 from Ud Ultimate /99. I JUST GOT the Same card back Today, and its still damaged. Unreal.

I quit buying UD...and really, it feels good. Donruss has really impressed me with the way they treat their customers. They as well as Topps are getting all of my money that used to go to UD.

Unfortunately hockey collectors have 2 choices, UD or quit collecting.

solution -whether right or wrong - eye of the beholder...if you pull redemptions A) sell them immediately on eBay and let someone else worry about them B) if it's card you want...sell it anyway and wait for an actual card to appear on eBay.

Not what people want to do I realize, and not an excuse for Upper Deck, but worked great for me. I pulled a T. Suggs Auto/Patch in 03, sold it immediately (even though I was making the set and went to ASU) let someone else deal with it and just bought a nice Suggs patch like 12 months later when he finally signed. I eventually got what I wanted, just did the run around with less stress vs. talking with UD Customer Service.

As I said in the initial post, SINGLE CARD REPLACEMENT! Wasn't a redemption! A DAMAGED BASE ROOKIE CARD- UNNUMBERED, something they should have 1000s of lying around.

It's okay. I have a redemption I've been waiting for for over a year. It's been in stock since NOVEMBER. Oh, and by the way, I've seen THE EXACT CARD on ebay.

Redemption= WAIT and is stated on card. All the legalese as far as you may not even get the card, ever... A DAMAGED CARD is one that is already made and should have tons lying around for replacement. Still, my all-time favorite is getting a redemption as an NPN before you get the redemption- I ACTUALLY HEARD OF IT HAPPENING!

Quote Originally Posted by justsandersplease
    Redemption= WAIT and is stated on card. All the legalese as far as you may not even get the card, ever... A DAMAGED CARD is one that is already made and should have tons lying around for replacement. Still, my all-time favorite is getting a redemption as an NPN before you get the redemption- I ACTUALLY HEARD OF IT HAPPENING!
    Getting it as a NPN before sending for a redemption? Wow. That is really bad.

And yes, I know yours is a damaged card. I was just sharing my bad experience with Upper Deck as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast