Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: How? Where? Help?

SCF Rewards

Question How? Where? Help?

Hey People,

New here. I'd appreciate any/all advice on this. Thanks in advance.

I forgave a debt and as a result ended up with big boxes full of sports cards and sports memorabilia (some signed, etc.) I'm not at all a collector and know nothing about any of this stuff.

How/where, etc. do I go about converting this stuff back into cash? I thought of eBay, but that would seem to take forever and involve a lot of monkeying around. I talked with a guy about a table at a card show, but again, I wouldn't know what to price stuff and I'd just as soon not be cheated...and quite honestly, it too sounds like a lot of monkeying around.

I live in Minnesota.

Please let me hear from you. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

First, you need to figure out if there are any good cards in the bunch. Buy yourself a Beckett magazine at a bookstore. Or you can get the same info on-line for free. Here's how.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=187055

The good stuff you should sell separately. Actually, ebay is your best bet. If you take it to a dealer, he will not give you as much as a 'normal' collector. If you try a card show, you will be disappointed. ebay has the widest market for you.

The rest of the stuff (i.e. the "junk"), just sell as a lot on ebay or sell to a dealer.

Just my 2c.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

It sounds like you're in the same situation as SCF member kerri28. You might want to read her thread for some suggestions. From the posts on that thread, it appears that its gonna take a lot of time examining and listing cards if you want to maximize the cash return. Potential buyers always want to know what they're buying. Details such as set name, player name, book value, and condition are pretty important. If you don't have the time or will to extract this information then you'll have to take someone else's word for card info/values and hope they're honest. It may also surprise you to learn that regular base cards produced in the late 80's through early 90's are considered practically worthless even though they are almost 2 decades old. That's because the card companies way overproduced those cards and there's not much demand for them. Cards with certified autographs or with pieces of game-used materials are more in demand and will get you a bit more interest from potential buyers. Let us know you did. Good luck!

Andy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

I may be interested in any Rickey Henderson cards you might have!
    Tim