Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

March 22, 2016

Chicago Bulls Practice - Advocate Center - UNOFFICIAL
    Jimmy Butler - 1/1 SI Magazine
    Pau Gasol - 1/1 2013-2014 Prestige
    Doug McDermott - 2/2 SI Magazines
    Mike Dunleavy - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Bobby Portis - 3/3 8x10 Photos
    Jamal Mayers - 1/1 Puck

I haven't done a Chicago Bulls practice in around two years. They got a new practice facility last season in downtown Chicago which is a lot further from me than where they used to practice. It was good to get back out there, and it definitely paid off. First, Pau Gasol came by and signed a 2013-2014 Prestige card for my set. Then Mike Dunleavy signed 1/1 8x10 photo. Doug McDermott signed 2/2 SI Magazines from his days at Creighton, and Bobby Portis (who will sign anything and everything) signed 3/3 8x10 photos. The biggest one today was Jimmy Butler, who signed a SI Magazine from last year. I've heard that he is a tough signer, so I was happy getting him on my first try.

YEAR TO DATE: 38
    OFFICIAL: 7
    UNOFFICIAL: 31

SCF Rewards
    Country

March 23, 2016

Teuvo Teravainen Appearance - UNOFFICIAL
    Teuvo Teravainen (Chicago Blackhawks) - 3/3 8x10s 2/2 Pucks

I met Chicago Blackhawks player Teuvo Teravainen today at an appearance at a Moto Shop in downtown Chicago. Long story short, Teravainen is a VERY hard IP signer. He never signs at games or practices, and his last paid signing was $59. He did a free signing last month, but only signed store provided photos. This signing was also a "only store provided photos will be signed" event, but with a smaller crowd, Teravainen's handler was more relaxed. There were only about 15 people in line when the signing started. The store provided 8x10 glossy photos, which itself was very nice. I was able to get 3 8x10s signed no problem. The handler was reluctant to have outside items at first, but I was able to talk him down and he did let some things slip. In the end, I got 2 pucks signed as well, one Blackhawks logo puck and one 2015 Stanley Cup Champs puck. I ended the day with 5 Teravainen autos and I couldn't be happier. I also was able to talk to him for literally 30 minutes because the crowd was so small. Very cool experience overall.

YEAR TO DATE: 43
    OFFICIAL: 12
    UNOFFICIAL: 31

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Toni Kukoc Appearance - UNOFFICIAL
    Toni Kukoc (Chicago Bulls) - 4/4 8x10 Photos, 1/1 Cards

I went to an appearance by former Chicago Bulls player Toni Kukoc and was able to get 4/4 8x10 photos and 1/1 cards signed. Kukoc is a great dude and very fan friendly.

YEAR TO DATE: 48
    OFFICIAL: 17
    UNOFFICIAL 31

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

What's the official/unofficial mean?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Official/unofficial is just a way for me to distinguish how I obtained the autograph. An official auto would be something that I got when the player is sitting down to sign at an store appearance or something. These autographs are generally turn out pretty good and clear. An unofficial signing is like getting autos at a game or practice, where a player could be rushed and might not give the best signature. Its just a way to distinguish the auto. I hope that helps!

SCF Rewards
    Country

March 25, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks Practice - Johnny's Ice House - UNOFFICIAL
    Marian Hossa - 2/2 Pucks

I went to the Chicago Blackhawks open practice today at Johnny's Ice House. It's really cool that the Blackhawks have open practices for fans, especially with the success of the team the last few years. This was definitely the most crowded practice I've been to, and I'd say that over 100 fans tried to meet players and get autographs after practice. Well the large crowd caused pretty much every player to drive by without stopping. The only player to stop was Marian Hossa, and he was immediately swarmed with fans. I managed to get 2 pucks signed by him, one Blackhawks logo puck and one 2013 Stanley Cup Champs puck. Hossa is pretty big star, so I'm happy to walk away with only him.

I also started an Instagram to document my autograph collection. That's where I will be dropping most of my pictures if anyone wants to take a look. My Instagram account name is: chitown_autos

YEAR TO DATE: 50
    OFFICIAL: 17
    UNOFFICIAL: 33

SCF Rewards
    Country

May 13, 2016

Scott Podsednik Appearance - OFFICIAL
    Scott Podsednik (Chicago White Sox) - 5/5 Sports Illustrateds 3/3 ROMLB

For all those White Sox fans out there, 2005 World Series hero Scott Podsednik came back to Chicago to do a few signings. Scotty Pods was awesome, signing everything people had. I was able to get 5/5 Sports Illustrateds signed, which shows Podsednik hitting a walk-off home run in Game 2 of the 2005 World Series. He also inscribed "2005 WS Champs" on one magazine and "Game 2 Walk-Off Home Run" on another mag. Also had him sign 3/3 ROMLBs. One baseball was a 2005 Official World Series ball and the other two were regular MLB balls signed on the sweet spot.

YEAR TO DATE: 58
    OFFICIAL: 25
    UNOFFICIAL: 33

SCF Rewards
    Country

May 17, 2016

Chicago White Sox vs. Houston Astros - U.S. Cellular Field - UNOFFICIAL
    Luke Gregerson (Houston Astros) - 1/1 2015 Topps
    Marwin Gonzalez (Houston Astros) - 1/1 2015 Topps
    Jake Marisnick (Houston Astros) - 2/2 2015 Topps

Made it down to my first Chicago White Sox game on the year against the Houston Astros. Yes, Correa signed, yes it was a madhouse, no I didn't get him. Ended up with cards signed by Luke Gregerson, Marwin Gonzalez, and Jake Marisnick (2). I didn't walk away empty handed at least.

YEAR TO DATE: 62
    OFFICIAL: 25
    UNOFFICIAL: 37

SCF Rewards
    Country

May 21, 2016

Ozzie Guillen Appearance - OFFICIAL
    Ozzie Guillen (Chicago White Sox) - 2/2 ROMLB, 2/2 8x10 Photos, 1/1 Cards

Former White Sox player and World Series manager Ozzie Guillen made an appearance in Bensenville, IL today. Very big crowd which I was surprised with. I was able to get 2 ROMLBs, 2 8x10 photos, and 1 card signed by Guillen. One of the baseballs was a 2005 Official World Series baseball, so I have officially started trying to complete as many 2005 World Series balls as possible (11 years later haha, I have Podsednik and Guillen so far). Guillen is hilarious by the way, and is very friendly towards the fans.

YEAR TO DATE: 67
    OFFICIAL: 30
    UNOFFICIAL: 37

SCF Rewards
    Country

May 23, 2016

Chicago White Sox vs. Houston Astros - U.S. Cellular Field - UNOFFICIAL
    Todd Frazier (White Sox) - 1/1 ROMLB
    Trevor Bauer (Indians) - 1/1 2015 Topps

I went to my 2nd/3rd White Sox game of the year. It was a double header, so lots of baseball! Was able to get White Sox star Todd Frazier for the first time of many hopefully on a ROMLB, he did personalize however. Also got Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer in between games 1 and 2.

YEAR TO DATE: 69
    OFFICIAL: 30
    UNOFFICIAL: 39
    Last edited by chitownautos; 05-27-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast