Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Need your help!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Phillies Boston Red Sox
    See pri.madel's Items on eBay Instagram:

Need your help!

I've had an ongoing problem w/ a rookie on here. He's claiming I'm wrong. Here's what happened.

He sent me six photos of 50/50s. 2 Tyus Jones, 2 Emmnuel Muiday, and 2 Draymond Green.

I saw Emmanuel - didn't sign
    I didn't see Tyus - change of plans/weather issues

He freaked out that I didn't get Emmanuel done. I apologized about Tyus. He was saying that I am horrible at 50s, just because one was unsuccessful.

He threatened a negative feedback if he did not get his photos back, not even giving me a chance to see Draymond.

Communication Stopped - Assuming He Got It

Yesterday, I posted a thread. My friend and I are seeing Denver again so I am offering 50/50s.

He knows I sent his photos back, I made sure I told him

He asks me if I'll be attempting to get his photos signed since he sent for Emmanuel.

I said "No, because I sent your photos back - and you know that"

He PM'd me back asking what is my problem?

Seriously dude! The #1 rule of 50s is that it may not be signed.

Am I wrong?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dasbam84's Items on eBay

I experienced that same thing during ST and it is frustrating. It sounds like he expects 100% results when it is not garuanteed. Keep all of your emails so that if negative feedback is posted, you can dispute it. Make note of what happened here so that when you do more 50/50s you can outline all of that in the trade manger.

It happens.... Not everyone understands 50/50s but at least you will know who to do and not do that with again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Phillies Boston Red Sox
    See pri.madel's Items on eBay Instagram:

I experienced that same thing during ST and it is frustrating. It sounds like he expects 100% results when it is not garuanteed. Keep all of your emails so that if negative feedback is posted, you can dispute it. Make note of what happened here so that when you do more 50/50s you can outline all of that in the trade manger.

It happens.... Not everyone understands 50/50s but at least you will know who to do and not do that with again.

Thank you for your help. And I know I've talked to you before, never got to saying thank you for your service.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dasbam84's Items on eBay

Thanx bro, I appreciate that. If you ever run into more like this, give me a shout. Those one bad experiences don't deter me from what I like doing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorry to kinda hijack this thread but could someone explain what a 50/50 is? seen the term thrown around but after reading this thread it seems like you send some stuff to someone then they will try to get an IP auto for you? something like that? sorry for my ignorance. my son and i just discovered TTM in Oct

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorry doesn't tell me much. I did look at that prior to posting but didn't quite fully grasp what 50-50 was

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

the sender sends 2 cards to the receiver to attempt to be signed at a game he/she attends,
    and once signed, the sender gets one card in return and the grapher gets to keep
    the other one.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

We are seeing alot of posts for 50/50's and just wanted to be sure that these transactions were following these guidelines:

1~You must use the SCF trade manager.
    2~Dates items to be mailed back must be included in trade manager.
    3~It must be a true 50/50 attempt. Do not send more than 2 items for each one attempted to be signed and returned.
    4~Everything sent must be listed.
    5~Who is paying return postage must be specified in the trade manager as part of the trade.
    6~All 50/50 trades must be understood that they are attempting to get the items signed and that may not happen.
    7~Must Send First Tagged members can not do 50/50 events as the signer.
    These rules are in place as we have had a few issues in the past with 50/50 transactions and the trades were never posted? We need you all to follow these guidelines to help protect you from any protential scam.

If you are unsure how to post a trade in the SCF Trade Manager, the tutorial is linked below
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=412929

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There is never going to be a 100% sure thing on an 50/50 attempt! Anyone who has ever tried to graph in person has to know that the celebrity or sports star is going to be hit or miss. Even the folks who sign very frequently can have that day where they just do not sign or even for some reason are not at the event you expected them to be at. 50/50's can be very rewarding and also very frustrating for both sides. As the grapher you get something for free to get signed and as the sender you did not have to pay to attend the event or travel to get there and still may get an auto. That all sounds great! In a perfect world the star signs everything and everyone is happy. In the real world that does not always happen though. That is the reason that we have asked that 50/50 transactions are discussed out ahead of time for what exactly is being sent and when is an reasonable time for it to be returned. Who is paying for the shipping and that traders who have a MSF tag not be part of the 50/50's! Spell it all out in the trade manager so you have a leg to stand on if there is an issue and remember the Golden Rule folks! This is supposed to be a fun hobby! Thank someone who attempts to help you with your collection and be proactive enough to work out the logistics before agreeing to this type of transaction. I personally got burned on a 500 count box of baseball cards that I sent to a former member of SCF to graph home and away teams during his local teams season. I never had gotten a single card back not alone a signed card! I watched this guy record IP successes on his thread on cards all summer long that I sent him and never got a card back after the season! I did not use the trade manager, so I had no legs to stand on. The other member was in the wrong, but so was I as I did not take care of my end of the bargain by working out the details before hand and getting them in that trade manager! Luckily it was a learning experience for me! I did the graphing end of a 50/50 before as well. It actually was for a minor league all star game and I was able to get the other SCF member signed baseballs of Correa and Buxton at that game. It worked out great for that member only because my wife graphed right beside me and got his stuff signed for him! Correa was already a 1 per auto guy in the minors, but we had agreed in advance that my wife would do his baseball attempt when I did mine. Glad that we had worked it out in advance. Best of luck to you and I hoped that my two cents helped a little!