Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nathan McKinnon 13-14 The Cup Auto Patch 2/5

Nathan McKinnon.jpg

Hi guys, I recently won this card in a group break, when I receive it I think I am going to try to sell/trade it. I have found 1 other like it on ebay selling for a very large amount. I am fairly new back into collecting and have no real experience with this type of card. I really want Crosby and Gretzky rookie cards, and hope this leads me in that direction. But before I trade/sell it I wanted to ask everyone what its value may be. Because it isn't listed in beckett I hope I'm able to ask this question on here, or could people at least PM me an idea of the range of value it might be. If this is not allowed to ask people to help me with I apologize in advance. Thanks for any help I receive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

The 14/15 versions have sold for $149.99 and $91.00. yours should get more but not sure how much more really. Maybe $350-$400us?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Should be able to snag a nice Crosby rookie and then some with that card. Best of luck man ! Welcome back to the hobby, congrats on the incredible hit.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What a beauty! Great hit!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2014-UD-THE-C...cAAOSwwE5WbN~N

thanks guys, this is the only other one I can find on the Internet. Maybe because it is limited 5 in rookie that he is asking so much? I hope you are right creasecollector, and the more cards like this for other top players lead me to believe you are. Anyone buy or sell another top rookie the cup card limited 5 or under with some insight?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

A asking price as no value as far as what collector will pay. This mistake is often made as asking price can also mean the seller is asking too much. Sold price is a real indicator but does not also mean you would get the same amount or higher. When it come to 1/1 or very low print run, it's always a guess and really come down to what collector at one given time when the card is selling on what offer you will receive. Seller often put a very high price to get higher offer as possible. But it always come down to how much a buyer want it. Also consider that cards always sell for more on the rookie year as collector all want their cards. Then price will most often go down the years after as big collector may already have their card in their collections. The best indicator is to do like many, list it for a higher price and accept offer. Then the offers you will get will serve as indicator.

For instance I pulled and sold this card for $800 also Print run of /5. Now not a rookie year card but still two of the best offensive player of all time with 2 patchs each with autographs. Now it's listed on eBay with a asking price of 1,999.00 $. Now will he get more then I did eventually, then good for the seller but I was happy with what I got out of it. This was a redemption at the time and sold it within 2 days from receiving the card and would have I listed it on eBay and be patient, maybe I would have gotten more. You never know. Patience can pay at time.

Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 01-11-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great insight CoolHandLuke, I agree with what you're saying. (Great pull, BTW)

@ BC Hockey: For your MacKinnon, it will be impossible to tell you an exact value of the card. People can give estimates, but the value you get in return will depend entirely on what the collector is willing to pay, as there will not be a large sample size of recorded sales for this card, which is numbered /5. It's just too scarce.

It has already been stated above, but what I would do if field in as much serious offers as you can, and try and gauge a fair asking price from the responses and see what you get in return. Waiting for the right time & right offer can take a while, and there is no harm sitting on a card for a while before you determine an asking price based on some of the inquires about your card.

Or, if you feel really happy with a price another collector is giving you, you can sell the card very quickly. In the end, there may be another Mac /5 that sells higher or maybe lower than yours, but there is no way to settle on a singular price every time with scarce cards like these as they each produce their own set of variables that can effect the value (Quality of patches, autograph, condition, year, set, rookie/non-rookie, etc).

My best advice that I can give is field some serious offers, and if you feel really inclined to sell, then sell and be happy with what you get in return (No doubt it will be something nice!)

Best of luck :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys, I kind of thought it was like that too from what I have seen, prices for low limited rookie year cards are all over the map. I guess I will wait for it to come in and post it up for trade or sale and see what happens!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

5/5 and 3/5 sold for 613 and 620$ usd in 2014. Of course prices have dropped since then, so as the can$.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh that's great info thanks! Where did you find that though, I searched previous eBay sales and couldn't find it? Was it elsewhere?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast