Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

This will be a recap for this past Thursday and Friday , I attended the Rancho Cucamonga quakes each day , with this past Thursday's game being a rehab appearance by Brett Anderson first I'll start out with Anderson, he pitched 3 innings did rather good, left out the clubhouse about the sixth inning, got him to sign my dodger poster( now up to 134 autographs) a custom bobblehead, and 2 cards

now the rest
    got Brandon trinkwon to sign my 2015 call league all star poster previously signed by Cody bellinger
    got coach jay gibbons to sign 10 cards, 5 each day

then decided to start a 2016 autographed team set and did rather well as I got the following players coaches trainers and mascots to sign their cards

devan ahart
    jason kirkman
    kevin brown
    shaun alexander
    josh sborz
    yasiel sierra
    drew saylor
    jay gibbons
    tremor
    aftershock
    kip wells
    david Reid-foley
    erick mejia
    luis de Paula
    garrett kennedy
    grant holmes
    johan mieses
    felipe gonzalez
    tommy bergjans
    rafael ozuna
    yusniel diaz
    michael ahmed
    matt beaty

also got grant Holmes to sign a game used ball he pitched with back on 7/21/16 and got him to inscription it with "game used 7-21-16"

unsure of next autograph adventure but once I go somewhere I'll definitely post about it

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Glad I got the Holmes ball and team card when I did as he was just traded earlier today

SCF Rewards
    Country

A recap for my small outings I've had in the autograph world over the last couple days

on Thursday I went to dodger stadium for Corey Seager bobblehead night and dodger alum lee lacy was signing autographs In The left field pavilion , I had mr lacy sign a 75 topps a 78 topps a retro dodger stadium pic and a free 3x5 card he was giving out

left work earlier today to head to San Bernardino ca earlier today for a "possible" rehab appearance for Andre ethier with the Rancho Cucamonga quakes - his rehab wasn't confirmed till like 6 pm tonight , so I was taking a chance and so were a few other collectors , and after about a 2 hr wait, ethier pulled up about 4:05 pm and started signing right away for the people waiting there for him, and he was signing multiples for everybody, so I got Andre to sign a authentic jersey I've been sitting on for like 3 years now, glad to get that done, also got Andre to sign a quakes bobblehead too, which I'm super stoked about.

next autograph hunt will be at quakes stadium on 9/2 got a few new cards for batting coach jay gibbons to sign, including a 1/1 jersey bat card, and a sick patch card / to 11 and hopefully can get pitching coach kip wells to sign a few cards too haven't got any from him since about May, he's been kinda hard to get , and maybe ethier will still be rehabbing then hope to get him to sign the last 2 cards I have for him

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Almost a week late with this update but better late than never, I went last Friday to the Rancho Cucamonga quakes game ( which was Howie Kendrick quakes bobblehead night- looks nothing like him) also Andre ethier was scheduled to rehab a few nights before but come about 330 they announced that he was taking the night off oh well. I only had a few things I wanted to get signed ,and got all I was looking for

jay gibbons 1 8x10 I took with him earlier in the year
    3 cards as well( I might be crazy for doing this but bought them to go straight in my pc) a 2005 donruss diamond kings gu bat/jersey card #'d 1/1, a 2005 donruss prime patches card with a beautiful 3 colored patched serial 'd 3/11, and a 2004 leaf certified game used bar card #'d to 150

and yusniel Diaz signed 1 8x10 I took with him earlier in the year

may go next week if the quakes are still in the playoffs but if they've been eliminated my next game will be when the Dodgers go to sd on 9/27

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Nice succes with ethier. Hope those gibbons cards came out nice!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just realized I never did a recap on my last autograph outing so here it is:

went to to watch the Dodgers play down in San Diego versus the Padres this past Tuesday, well while the game didn't end up in the Dodgers favor, the autographs were in my favor

The following players/coaches signed ball cards
    bench coach bob geren signed 3 cards
    dodgers reliever Jesse Chavez signed 1 card
    sodgers reliever Luis avilan signed 1 card
    sodgers rookie Andrew toles signed 3 cards

Then the following Dodgers signed my dodger poster for me
    jesse chavez
    luis avilan
    rich hill
    micah johnson
    Andrew toles
    grant dayton
    and Charlie Culberson
    Now the poster has 141 current or former dodgers players/coaches on it

don't know how many more autographing opportunities I will have this year but if I go anywhere I'll post it on here!!!

---chrisborene
    Last edited by chrisborene; 10-02-2016 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Forgot something!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Decided to add to my WWE wrestling collection this past Saturday,went to a free signing for 2015 WWE hall of famer rikishi, at a local optometry office, as I had trouble finding a reasonably priced boxed action figure I got the big kish to sign an omlb which he inscripted and sweetspotted with WWE 2015 hof also got a picture with him.

next autograph opportunity will hopefully be with wwe hof'er jake the snake Roberts on 11/29 as he will be at the local comedy club telling stories of the road and doing a meet and greet

---chrisborene
    Last edited by chrisborene; 12-01-2016 at 12:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Hey, Chris. How are the signings at that optometry? Do they care if you are not a patient / client there? How are the lines?

Will catch up on your thread now...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, Chris. How are the signings at that optometry? Do they care if you are not a patient / client there? How are the lines?

Will catch up on your thread now...

from my experience lakersmc, the line wasn't bad at all might have been 50 in front of me and 20 behind me and I only got there 25 minutes before it started , since it was technically a free signing I think they welcome everybody with a smile it was in a I guess kinda oriental type strip mall, and if they did another signing again there free or not I'd go.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Ok, thanks for the info. I saw some old Lakers & Clippers signing there before. I wasn't sure if the lines were super long b/c it was free, and if they pressure you to become a patient / client. Sounds pretty good to me! I'll let you know if I ever decide to go. Sometimes he has free give-aways on his FB page too. FYI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast