Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy from fairfield

Don't buy from fairfield

here is a letter i tried to send to fair field. their email is bogus so if you have any problems with their product you cant contact them.

i just bought one of your products and am not one bit satisfied. the product i bought was 5 star cards with a guaranteed catalog value of $100.00.(item # 66622) i looked the cards up on beckett.com the same company your company uses to price look up cards for your packs. my total came out to only 64.00. i would not mind as much but they were in horrible condition. bent corners,dings, and scratched foil. i would like a refund or replacement i will gladly ship your cards back with the packaging.thanks
    john schinigoi

here are the cards i got

1996 Crown Royale Triple Crown Die Cuts Jerry Rice
    1997 Collector's Edge Extreme Fury Antonio Freeman
    1997 Pacific Invincible Silver Jeff Blake
    1998 Revolution Prime Time Performers John Elway
    1999 Collector's Edge Supreme Galvanized Daunte Culpepper

any ideas of what i should do do you think target will give me a refund?

I sent them a complaint 2 yrs ago, never heard a thing, dont waste your time

Rob

thanks rob they wont get any more of my money. i think ill take them to target see if i can get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by StainLss
    thanks rob they wont get any more of my money. i think ill take them to target see if i can get a refund.
    You can try but Target probably won't refund for a package of cards that are already opened.

Not to mention false advertising......Jeff Blake a star? Puh-lease. And in my opinion Antonio Freeman is kinda stretching it.....

Similar thing happened to me a few months back. I did a google search for them and found an address. Mailed them a complaint letter w/my email address and the cutout UPC barcodes from the packages. A few weeks later I got an email from them with excuses. They did (to their credit) ask me who I collected. I told them PManning, SAlexander, and TBrady (I dont collect them but wanted a shot at some money cards).
    Anyway, they did send me a CE Manning 40 card set and an Alexander RC bv $50.
    Also, wrt the $100 guarantee. Read the small print and I bet it'll have a disclaimer about that BV being accurate at the time of package, which was probably a few years back.
    Sorry for your hardship. Sometimes we all have to remember mom & dad's advice..."if something sounds to good to be true...it probably is".

Just got back from Target. The only fine print I saw on one of those packs is that they use pricing from the most recent Beckett Annual, and the copyright on the package is 2006. So that would make the pricing from 2005 or maybe 2004 at the latest, and given the age of the cards you got, I doubt the price would have fluctuated THAT much.

Thanks for the heads up. I know alot of people with successes from there but have heard horror stories also. It's always good to know that someone got "messed" over so I dont buy from there

thanks for the lookout stainless almost bought that tonight,bought their 19.99 gu or auto instead,got a rudi johnson titanium 5 color rookie card patch numbered 06/75 but i still don,t know whether it is worth the minimum 40 dollars they advertise,but at least it is a nice patch card,sounds like you got screwed over on your purchase sorry to hear that i,d take it back to target and say when you got home you noticed after you opened it the cards inside were damaged,don,t ask for a money refund ask if you can exchange it for another 19.99 product target will usually let you do that without much of a hassle hope this helps take care spuds

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961
    sorry about the double post computers is acting up mods can you please erase one so i don,t look like an idiot thanks spuds
    Edit by SingleDaddyof2: No problem. It's also happened to me when my computer (or the SCF server) is slow to upload my posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast