Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Vault Contest

SCF Rewards
    Country

Final Vault Contest

March 31st is the Release Date for In The Game’s Final Vault.

As we select the cards to be included in this product, we are constantly taking a trip down “Memory Lane”.

Now it’s your turn. Show us your favorite In The Game insert card from our products released from 1996 – 2014.

On Release Day, I will choose one winner from all the entries on the SportscardForum boards and send the winning poster a box of the Final Vault.

Please limit your entry to just one card to be fair to all.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

This is awesome. Thank you much

This post will be stuck to the top of this forum

SCF Rewards
    Country

So tough to pick just one... the Superlative card that is my avatar was probably my favourite card of all time until I started collecting Lord Stanley's Mug. The Trottier Mega Patch I pulled myself was awesome, hitting a Maurice Richard game used stick in a group break was even better, but I think I have to go with Mr Hockey - perhaps the nicest looking Gordie Howe card I've seen. Thanks for the memories Dr Price!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wow! Thanks for the contest Dr. Price!

I've got a load of ITG cards from over the years, but my favorite? Easy call.

I took part in a Group Break (run by SCF member, and former staffer, @reoddai) at the Spring Expo in 2011. We did a 10 box case of 2010-11 Between The Pipes. 10 slots were sold in the draft, and I bought two of them. We had all the user names put into a hat, and one of the ITG Staffers drew the names. I had the luck of being picked #1 (and #3, if I recall correctly).

I helped crack the case at In The Game Land (opening the boxes there got us 10 extra memorabilia cards, via Expo redemptions, to add to the Group Break) and actually pulled this one from a box myself. Still easily the best card I've ever pulled, and it was an obvious #1 pick in the Group Break:

Of course that redemption isn't much to look at.... but a few months later when ITG sent me back my card, I received what is still the crown jewel of my collection:

I could post plenty of other awesome ITG cards I've collected over the years, but this one is by far my favorite.

Thanks for many years of great products, and thanks for this contest!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Best example of turning a negative into a positive in my years of being in the hobby.

I still remember the frenzy that got touched off when I first posted this card. To that point, you could get the misprinted 1/1's for $5-$10 each. Afterwards there was a huge surge in final sales not just for this guy, but for almost anybody in the set.

To this day I think I have only ever seen 1 other Carey out there. Dr. Price was good enough to release a population report on these and so we know that only 5 ever got redeemed.

Those were good times. Thanks for that trip down memory lane.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

From my first 10-box Case of Decades. Also pulled the Potvin Mega Goalies from my second 10-box Case from the same eBay seller. Still interested in another from him and hopefully good things DO come in 3's and I hit the Yzerman or Fedorov.

Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

WOW a lot of stellar looking cards.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

This card is probably my favourite Carey Price card of all that I own. I puts together 2 things that ITG has always done best: Great Memorabilia and FANTASTIC Goalie mask cards.

I don't care that it is an expo card, this one is a "Price"less addition to my PC. The Swatch is even sicker in real life, jumps out of the card! The artwork is spectacular too, reminds me of another of my favourite pieces, my Carey Price Inspired masks insert.

Anyways... here it is:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Not to be a copycat but I have to follow RGM's lead on this one.

I had never bought a box of ITG cards prior to the release of 10-11 Between the Pipes and I only bought BTP boxes to chase the emeralds. Unfortunately for my wallet I fell in love with ITG after breaking those BTP boxes and became a regular ITG box breaker until the final days of ITG. I didn't find out about the Emerald Mask redemption until it was already half over already, It was RGM's Price card he showed that I found out about it. With a little over 4 months I needed to find 17 of the Bobrovsky (and Howard) masks and I stopped at nothing to get it done. I broke at least 15 boxes chasing the masks, I spent upwards to $30 a mask on ebay, even spent $340 on a 20 card mask lot just to get one Bobrovsky that was in it. All in all I spent probably close to $2,000.00 in those 4 months buying boxes and singles and lots just to get the 17 Bobrovskys and Howards but I finally did it and the cards were amazing! Two cards that I'll never sell just because the memory of the hunt to get them not to mention I'll never get back what I put into them lol. Since it says to only submit 1 card for the entry I went with the Bob but it was a very hard choice to make between the two of the Bobrovsky and Howard.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sedinfan;

You certainly started off the contest with a bang.

What a card. I simply loved making that card.

Glad its in a good home.

Brian Price

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast