Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2015 Topps Fire football hobby box for review

First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with this box.

Topps again has a edgy design provided by Tyson Beck whose artwork is definitely unique. So, this is a double edge sword as its either a love it or hate it affair.

Topps Fire has a nice size base set consisting of 150 cards. Cards 1 thru 100 are current and retired players. Rookie cards make up the remaining 50 cards in the set and are inserted at a ratio of 1 per pack. This makes the set easily obtainable for set builders on a budget. Topps Fire also has a slew of parallels for those wishing to put a base set together with a lower print run. The breakdown is as followed:

Silver (1 per pack)
    Flame (1:4 packs)
    Orange (#'d)
    Green (#'d)
    Onyx (1 per case - Hobby)
    Blue (#/99)
    Purple (#/50)
    Magenta (#/25)
    Inferno (1/1 - Hobby)

The one thing I wish is that the cards were easier to tell what parallel you hit. As it can be somewhat confusing upon opening your first box. Would it not be simple to alleviate any confusion for collectors by just putting it on the back of the card.

The autograph contents are quite impressive. There's the normal autographs, rookie patch autographs, and the normal dual and triple auto's. The big hits and highlight if any collector is lucky enough to pull them are Autographed Swoosh Patch, Autographed NFL Shield Patch and Autographed Team Logo Patch. One just needs to look on eBay at some of the crazy prices these can yield.

In addition there a few insert sets included in each box. They are as followed:

Into the Wild (30 card set 1:4)
    Forces of Nature (30 cards, 1:10)
    Fired Up cards are one per hobby box with a 10 card set
    Transcendent Touchdowns (25 cards, 1:5) showcase highlight-worthy scoring plays. These can also be found in parallel form.

Topps Fire delivers either 2 autograph or relics per box.
    Product Configuration

Packs per hobby box: 20
    Cards per pack: 6
    Set size: 150 cards

Current Retail Price (online) $59 - $70 a box

What we pulled:
    Autograph hits

20 silver parallel cards not pictured

Flame Parallel

Numbered parallel blue, orange, and a red rc not numbered

Fired Up insert

Forces of Nature insert

Transcendent Touchdown

Into The Wild

Stated odds per pack and (NPN) No Purchase Necessary

Final thoughts:

Base - 4/5
    Design - 4/5
    Fun - 5/5
    Value - 4/5
    Rebuy -3/5
    Overall 20/25 (80%)

Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity
    to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com.

If you wish to request a few base cards or an insert card please send a SASE. Contact me and I will pull the card for you. VIP Members get preference for supporting SCF.

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 02-22-2016 at 04:17 AM.