Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins
    See JHIA8234's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Any chance we can do the draft video to see where we pick as we wait for the case to break?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See slyner77's Items on eBay

I agree with on doing the redemptions as part of the normal draft and not separate

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

I agree the Redemption's should be part of the draft not separate.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

If we are leaning towards making the redemptions part of the main draft, I'm OK with it. The only problem is how that affects the "snake" aspect of the draft - the first "winners" of the draft will have a choice of all 10 redemptions if they are included in the initial pool of 5 box hits - and therefore an unbalanced (and unfair?) choice pool compared to the second half "winners", plus any splitting of the redemptions into two groups might seem arbitrary (unless we trust whoever is doing it to say which ones where the first 5 given out). Therefore, a separate draft and pick sequence just for the redemptions seemed fairest to me (bottom two choosers get two cards each).

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Whoever is breaking the boxes will get the redemption's with the first 5. And likewise for the 2nd 5. Hope that is the way it goes so all can get a Redemption if they wish.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    connexionhck(20)
    Country
    See kevbou34's Items on eBay

Or you randomize the 10 redemption cards to know which one will be in the first half. (1-5: first half, 6-10: second)

If we are leaning towards making the redemptions part of the main draft, I'm OK with it. The only problem is how that affects the "snake" aspect of the draft - the first "winners" of the draft will have a choice of all 10 redemptions if they are included in the initial pool of 5 box hits - and therefore an unbalanced (and unfair?) choice pool compared to the second half "winners", plus any splitting of the redemptions into two groups might seem arbitrary (unless we trust whoever is doing it to say which ones where the first 5 given out). Therefore, a separate draft and pick sequence just for the redemptions seemed fairest to me (bottom two choosers get two cards each).

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

Or you randomize the 10 redemption cards to know which one will be in the first half. (1-5: first half, 6-10: second)

I agree overall. Have them be apart of the overall draft. I'm not sure how they are given out. If they are given out as one lump sum (10 at once) perhaps just randomizing them works? The first 5 are in the first half, and the second 5 are in the second half. If they are given out as each box is broken, that would be more straight forward. First five boxes would have their respective redemption.
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is the plan to run a separate draft for the redemption cards, or will they be added to the pool of cards overall? I would be in favor of keeping them separate and snake drafting the 10 cards between the 8 slots with their own randomization.

For my part, I would like to pick the redemption card with the hit of the case. (Everyone had a chance to get a great card).

Any chance we can do the draft video to see where we pick as we wait for the case to break?

I agree with on doing the redemptions as part of the normal draft and not separate

I agree the Redemption's should be part of the draft not separate.

Thoughts?

Whoever is breaking the boxes will get the redemption's with the first 5. And likewise for the 2nd 5. Hope that is the way it goes so all can get a Redemption if they wish.

I agree overall. Have them be apart of the overall draft. I'm not sure how they are given out. If they are given out as one lump sum (10 at once) perhaps just randomizing them works? The first 5 are in the first half, and the second 5 are in the second half. If they are given out as each box is broken, that would be more straight forward. First five boxes would have their respective redemption.

I hate to upset you all but I plan on doing it another way if there no major objection from. Also Sean is doing a lot of the work as he will be conducting the break. So I ask for his input as well as we are beneficiary of his labor. From all the breaks we do All folks get excited to see their name first in the draft order. So since in theory we are getting cards that we did not even initially plan on getting. Working with my distributor we were able to work with Dr. Price in getting the case at the show. I think we are all happy this is happening. So my thought is to do them separately and let the number 4 or 5 slot have the first pick. This pick will be determined based on the weakest half getting first pick. Then draft the cards accordingly to the number 1 person in the best half having the last pick of eight cards. That still leaves two cards and I like to offer these up for two reasons.
    1) as a token of our appreciation give one to Sean for doing the break.
    2) use one as a giveaway for Scott and the hockey team to use as a prize in how they see fit. Scott is the one who has been authorized by me to pick up the cases. If he did not do this we would not Ben gettting any redemptions along with Sean. I assume Sean will pass on the offer but we all need to thank the people that make these redemptions possible IMO. Lmk your thoughts as always.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

That works for me, Don! Sean definitely deserves a bonus for his efforts, absolutely. So, redemption picks would be done after the two case halves, we come to a consensus (or you can decide LOL) as to which was the better half (per highest value overall card?), then that half's first picker gets the eighth slot.

Something like this, where (B) is for better half and (W) is for worse half and numbers indicate draft order in that half, ten redemption cards in the pool:

First pick: W4 (the fourth person to pick in the worse half - same as the fifth person to pick in the better half)
    2nd: B4
    3rd: W3
    4th: B3
    5th: W2
    6th: B2
    7th: W1
    8th: B1

and then Sean gets his pick of the remaining two and the last one goes to a contest/whatever. Does that match what you have in mind? Just want to be crystal clear so no one gets confused.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That works for me, Don! Sean definitely deserves a bonus for his efforts, absolutely. So, redemption picks would be done after the two case halves, we come to a consensus (or you can decide LOL) as to which was the better half (per highest value overall card?), then that half's first picker gets the eighth slot.

Something like this, where (B) is for better half and (W) is for worse half and numbers indicate draft order in that half, ten redemption cards in the pool:

First pick: W4 (the fourth person to pick in the worse half - same as the fifth person to pick in the better half)
    2nd: B4
    3rd: W3
    4th: B3
    5th: W2
    6th: B2
    7th: W1
    8th: B1

and then Sean gets his pick of the remaining two and the last one goes to a contest/whatever. Does that match what you have in mind? Just want to be crystal clear so no one gets confused.

Bingo!

That exactly what I had in mind. We can talk amongst ourselves to the value of the best and worst half. As I am assuming there not going to be book value per se. Thanks for outlining it.

Don

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast