First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with this box.

Topps has changed up the images from the past and a Ton of new inserts. The base design takes a chance on using a image with no borders. Personally, I like them but some traditionalist might not be so easily swayed with the newer design. The base set will consist of 350 cards comprised of star, legends, and rookie Base cards have eight levels of parallels to chase.

Rainbow Foil (1:10 packs)
Gold (#’d to 2016)
Vintage Stock (#’d to 99)
Black (#’d to 65)
Pink (#’d to 50)
Clear (hobby only #’d to 10)
Platinum (#’d 1/1)
Framed (#’d, 1 per case)
Each base card also four one-of-one Printing Plates

These boxes are aimed at set collectors with all the subsets that come out of 1 hobby box. With more than 7 specific inserts not counting the stickers nor all the parallel versions of the base set Topps deliver a set builder dream. There are even parallel versions of some of the inserts like the buy backs which make a slew of options for whatever challenge your up too. The digital cards bring in the online content that will probably be a hit with folks who are more techno savy than collectors from 65 years ago or so that still use paper print out or binders to put their old Topp sets together.

Also of note was the collation was perfect. Not a single duplicate out of the 300 plus base cards that we pulled. So any set builders should be able to build a full set out of 2 boxes.

Here the checklist from Topps website:
http://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/u...-Checklist.pdf

Quite a sweet array of autographs and relics if you can hit some of the rarer ones.

Product Configuration:

Packs per hobby box: 36
Cards per pack: 10
Set size: 350 cards

Current Retail Price (online) $50 to $62 a box

What we pulled:
Game Used (1)

First Pitch (5 cards)

Perspective inserts (9 cards)

Wrigley Field 100 Yearsb (4 cards)

Pressed into Service (5.cards)

Back to the Future inserts (5 cards)

Berger's Best insert (9 cards)

Wacky Packages sticker (3 cards)

Rainbow Foil parallel (3 cards)

Gold Parallel (4 cards)

Black parallel numbered to 65

Stamped Buyback (2 cards)

Digital packs (2 cards)

Stated odds per pack and (NPN) No Purchase Necessary

Final thoughts:

Base - 4/5
Design - 4/5
Fun - 5/5
Value - 4.5/5
Rebuy -4.5/5
Overall 21/25 (84%)

Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity
to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com.

If you wish to request a few base cards or an insert card please send a SASE. Contact me and I will pull the card for you. VIP Members get preference for supporting SCF.

Don