Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cord cutting

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I still don't know why a lot of people still have cable either but I guess I was kind of scared to get rid of it so that's why I'm offering up help to anybody that wants to do it. I'll answer all questions to try and push anybody over the edge into doing it. It might be tougher if you are in a place like Idaho that isn't going to get a lot of reception but if you live in a city or a state that is populated you should have a lot of channels to choose from. And remember after you buy the antenna and hook it into the TV everything is FREE after that. You will never pay another cent for it. You just have to buy the $20-$50 antenna and that's it. If you need to save some money you can save over $1000+ a year doing this.

Also don't forget if you have an older TV like I do you'll need a converter box. I also picked up an optional antenna amplifier for $11 off ebay that I hooked up to the box and the antenna and I noticed that that antenna is working much better.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also don't forget if you have an older TV like I do you'll need a converter box. I also picked up an optional antenna amplifier for $11 off ebay that I hooked up to the box and the antenna and I noticed that that antenna is working much better.

Yeah I forgot about that. You are correct if you have an older TV you'll need something to convert the signal but most people should have a TV that is new enough.

And yeah I bought the more expensive antenna because it was better at picking up the signal plus you received more channels with it so I'd highly recommend people paying the extra cost to get it. Definitely worth it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

SO I get my wireless internet through my cable company. If I get rid of cable what would be the cheapest solution for reliable wireless internet ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

SO I get my wireless internet through my cable company. If I get rid of cable what would be the cheapest solution for reliable wireless internet ?

Where do you live and who is your cable company?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If I were you would strongly consider the local phone company. I live in Atlanta and have had a much better time dealing with AT&T down here compared to Comcast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12