Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any tips on promoting an ebay auction (for free?)

Just put up my palm pilot to sell on ebay and was wondering if there are any ways of passing the word around. what have you guys used has it worked?? let me know. Thanks
    Alex
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

I just want so helpful tips you don't have to look at my auction, i didn't even put the link.. anybody do anything that worked for them? please let me know. Thanks
    Alex
    Hidden Content

Hey Movel, Im not for sure on this, but I see people selling Cell Phones on here... Quite frequently actually... I think you can create something in one of the other categories, maybe like Chit Chat Off Topic, or Misc Trading... Something that says what you have maybe include the link... Etc... But thats too I guess is just to advertise to people here on the Forum... Thats all I got for you, Good Luck!

Your shipping price is OUTRAGEOUS I know you are trying to recoup some fees on it, but that is going to be your #1 downfall. Sale costs are only .30 + 2.9% Thats not much. And Paypal is the same.
    People buying will shy away from "standard shipping" for $25. Try $10 at most and have that cover insurance, DC#, well protected packaging, etc.
    Otherwise the auction is well done, pictures, title, description, etc.

travlncard: Thanks for that I will look into that.

sneekc: Thanks for the advice I may just change it, I didn't even go to the post office to check how much it was, I just looked at other peoples auctions and guessed. Do you know if I can change it after someone has bid? or is that a no-no... anyways Thanks for all the help guys.
    Hidden Content

You cant change shipping information, but you can add to the description. I would advise you to add the change in large bold letters that the shipping price is an error and you dont want to kill the auction to fix it at the expense of the current bidders.

Thanks a lot for your help sneekc. I think i may just do that... it's too bad i can't change it though... because people won't even click on the auction link when they see how much shipping is, I guess i should have researched a little more... Thanks again
    Alex
    Hidden Content

UPDATE:
    By the way sneekc, I took your advice and the palm pilot is up to $100 Thanks

Any last minute advice?
    Hidden Content

Guess Im too late, but be sure to use signature conformation on the item and package it very well. Maybe even try to "water proof" it some how in the packaging. That way nothing but a truck running it over will hurt it. I use sealable poly bags on high $$$ items that I sell. That way if the postman drops the package in a puddle and it gets soaked through, its still all good.
    Good luck, if you ever need any advice regarding ebay selling feel free to PM me.

Cody

Thanks a lot man I really appreciate all the help....
    Take care Alex
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast