Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2016 Topps Opening Day hobby box for review

Product Configuration:
    7cards per pack
    36 packs per box
    20 boxes per case
    Current Retail Price (online): $26 - $33 a box

First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with this box.

If you are a person that enjoys collecting for the sake of collecting this is the product for you. Offering a insert hit in each pack this product is loaded with a slew of inserts. Even though it is a low end product the auto checklist is quite impressive with some of MLB brightest young stars. The checklist is rounded out with Mascot auto's and a nice list of relic. The entire checklist can be found here:
    http://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/u...-Checklist.pdf

The artwork and design is not unique as it takes the same design from the 2016 Topps Baseball flagship product and uses it in Topps Opening Day. The base set contains 200 cards which we completed in one box. As the main parallels in the set, Opening Day Edition (#/2016) includes foilboard and Opening Day 1/1 Edition (#1/1) adds a black border, Printing Plates (1/1).

What we pulled:
    Striking Distance 7 cards

Heavy Hitters - 8

Alternate Reality - 7 cards

Mascot - 7 cards

Superstar Celebrations - 7 cards

Bubble Trouble - 1 card

Opening Day Stars - 1 card

Blue foil - 5 cards

Mascot Auto - 1 card

FINAL THOUGHTS
    Base - 3.5/5
    Design -3.5/5
    Fun - 4.5/5
    Value -4.5/5
    Rebuy - 4/5
    Overall - 20/25 (80%)

Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com.

Stated odds and NPN (No Purchase Necessary:

If you wish to request a few base cards or an insert card please send a SASE. Contact me and I will pull the card or cards for you. VIP Members get preference for supporting SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow what a pull!

A George Washington autograph.....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow what a pull!