Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2016 Topps Legacies of Baseball Card Hobby Box for review

First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with this box

This is a brand new high end entry for Topps and it delivers some gorgeous high end hits comprised of impressive artwork, hard signed autographs, and some new innovation. So be prepared for high end hits. So folks who like to put together the traditional sets of cards this product is not you. As it strongly focuses on autographs.

The new innovation is Topps Vault being applied to a metal trading card called Vault Metal. Reaching deep into their vault they provide some stunning photo's of some of the hottest rookies, current stars, retired greats from the past. These polished aluminum cards drop one per box. Metal base parallels start with the White Logo (#'ed to 135) Purple Logo (#'ed to 50), Red Logo (#'ed to 5), and Black Logo (1/1).

The autographs are the big draw as they are seeded two per pack and comprises many autograph subsets. They are as followed:
    Tradition Autographs celebrate former and current players who did things "the right way."
    Loyalty Autographs feature those that spent most of their career with a single team.
    Tenacity Autographs highlight the most passionate baseball players.
    Exhilaration Autographs cover the young players who play with tremendous energy. All the above autographs numbering start at (#'ed to 199) Green (#'ed to 99) Purple (#'ed to 50), Red (#'ed to 5) and Black (1/1) parallels. Note that some athletes seem to have a lower print run on auto's than the majority.

Adding some firepower to the autograph line up is Legacies Book Cards. These cards feature a autograph and a jumbo swatch in a booklet. Some of the patches on these swatches are just plain nasty which will be reflected in some insane prices on these beauties.

The last hit falling one per box is the two insert subsets. They are
    Lasting Imprints (#'d) celebrate all-time greats
    Imminent Arrivals include the top rookie Names in 2016
    These inserts start out #'ed to 99 with parallels comprised of purple (#’ed to 50), red (#'ed to 5) and black (1/1). This subset also comes in a auto's.

The full checklist can be found below on Topps website:
    http://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/u...-Checklist.pdf

Product Configuration:
    4 cards per pack, 1 pack per box
    2 Autographs
    1 Vault Metal Card
    1 Insert (#99 or less)
    4 Total Cards

Current Retail Price (online): $26 - $33 a box

What we pulled:

FINAL THOUGHTS
    Design -4.5/5
    Fun - 4.5/5
    Value -3.5/5
    Rebuy - 3/5
    Overall - 15.5/20 (77.5%)

Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com.

Stated odds and NPN (No Purchase Necessary:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

2 pretty solid auto's nice box Don.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome deGrom says the wife as she drooled over it. She loves the design I am unsold on it. Looks sorta like Veterans and HOF Inception to me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2 pretty solid auto's nice box Don.

Was happy with both hits!

Awesome deGrom says the wife as she drooled over it. She loves the design I am unsold on it. Looks sorta like Veterans and HOF Inception to me.

It a bold design IMO. Personally, I like it but to each their own. Tons of HOG'ers in the auto's. The Vault cards have been selling well on eBay as well.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two great on card autograph pulls in my opinion
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Two great on card autograph pulls in my opinion