Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday was my mother in laws funeral and I have to admit over the last few days and long hours I was pretty tired. Last night was the championship flag rising ceremony and handing out of the rings for the Patriots plus opening night. My wife stayed with her dad to go over things and my son and I looked at each other and said lets drive home and attempt to make the game and get away from the last few days. Well it was a good night weather wise, were got to see the ceremonies, and the Patriots won the game over the Ducks. I think my mother in law was up there helping us for the night because as tired as I was I got most of the cards completed.
    I could not get John Brownell as starting pitcher
    Mike Blanke starting catcher Actually Mike is hard to get here because whenever he catches with seems to be when I am there he will not sign
    Bruce Kern he came out with other pitchers and could not get him back during the season so will try later
    Sean Burroughs I chose to pass on Sean as I have quite a few cards to try to get him to sign. I was able to as many player completed last night and then concentrate on Sean as he is pretty accessible

So here is what I was able to get

Bobby Blevins 2/2 EL
    Delty Cleary 1/1 EL
    Patrick Crider 1/1 EL
    Frank Dejiulio 1/1 EL
    Darin Downs 4/4 EL
    Lew Ford 1/1 EL
    Fehlandt Lentini 2/2 EL He cracks me up as when he finished signing he caught me off guard and said twenty bucks and I laughed and said I am retired to I get a discount. He was laughing as he left
    Dan Lyons 3/3 EL
    Cody Puckett 1/1 EL
    Nick Struck 1/1 EL
    Blake Tekotte 5/5 EL He noted on the 2015 Portland card that this was the first time he saw it because he was gone by the time it came out
    Matt Wessinger 1/1 EL

The only card I needed last night as Amalio has an eye issue at the end of the season and left the team

Amalio Diaz 1/1

For me not bad for a first night
    Up next Ducks vs Patriots Saturday night

Great haul! If you need help with almost any of the Ducks, let me know. Can try to help you out while I am at those games

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Thanks for the offer will let you know

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Even though I was tired last night and I knew I had to get up early for work I went to the Ducks game for a couple of innings and I thought since I only had 4 players left I could knock them out. Guess again.

John Brownell 3/3 EL
    Bruce Kern 1/1 EL

Mike Blanke 0/1 he did not start and I did not see him. Unless we make both make the playoffs I only see the Ducks 2 times next month and that is it. I hope he signs one game that he is catching
    Sean Burroughs 0/9 I had a chance to get him Thursday but chose to get all the other players because Sean is so good on signing. Last night he went by everyone and stayed on the field until game time. So unlike him. Again have 2 more times to know off some cards

Up next York on Wednesday or Thursday. I may or may not attend this series as my dads surgery is rescheduled for this Wednesday. See how things go

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Did not know if I would make last nights game as my dad had the surgery to have part of his lung removed and as of now everything is good
    Last night was Patriots vs York and some people never change. Just myself and my friend last night graphing

York

Daniel Carela 1/1 EL
    Telvin Nash 6/6 EL
    Bryan Pounds 1/1 EL He loved the Sioux City card
    Jason Repko 1/1 EL
    Beau Vaughan 3/3 EL commented on the 2003 Spinners card as going into the archives
    Josh Wilson 5/5 EL
    Joel Guzman 0/1 as I said some people never change. He saw me coming out the tunnel and put his hood on and passed me as though he was deaf.

Did not get

Jose Arredondo
    Cody Scarpetta
    Both are on the suspension list

Up next week is Southern Maryland

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Just playing catch up on yesterdays game as I spent most of this afternoon with my dad who tried to pull a fast one and get out of the hospital without going to rehab to get better but the hospital and I finally won.
    Anyway this was last nights game of Souther Maryland vs Patriots not much

Gary Brown 1/1 EL
    Cody Eppley 1/1 EL
    Scott Maine 1/1 EL
    Bryant Nelson 1/1 EL
    Jeff Urlaus 1/1 EL
    Jon Leicester 2/2 1 for tigsfan
    Fred Lewis 0/9 did not see
    Steve Lombardozzi 0/9 Steve came thru and said he had to warm up. When he was done with warm ups he started to walk over until all these kids came over and started to shout his number and he stopped dead in his tracks. Not sure if he would have come all the way over or not but I have a feeling he is going to be a little tough. Would be happy to get a few cards completed. Time will tell

Will try for tomorrow nights game vs Southern Maryland

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lombardozzi was an OK signer during ST with the White Sox but he will only sign 1 if he sees all 9, I've noticed it is better if you just have 2-3 on a page. Most I've gotten from him is 3. Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Last night was not a good night for the final 2 on Southern Maryland. In needing only Fred Lewis who we know is terrible but still tried him and Steve Lombardozzi. Last night it was just me and another grapher and Tuesday it was just me. Steve did the same thing and ran by both of us as though we were not there. Fred passed and ignored and with that I went to the Patriots side with about 10 minutes to go and got a couple there.
    Saw that Southern Maryland was winding down on warm ups and went back to try both Fred and Steve coming off the field and refused again like I had the plague. I wonder if Steve treats everyone the same way and wonder how he is in Southern Maryland. All I know is next time they come back in June if I can get there as I am having cataract surgery the day before they come in and if able to drive I will give him the benefit of the doubt and try one more time to get him to sign and if not I am not going to waste my time and energy on him or Fred the rest of the season.

Next up is Lancaster on Saturday as I can only see them 1 game of the 3 they are playing this trip.
    I hope to find some time in the future to hit up Somerset as I have about 4 or 5 players to get including our new reliever Evan Meek in my Orioles book
    Anyway here are the 2 I got last night

Trayvon Robinson 1/1 EL

On my team sheet

Vinny Zarrillo

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Lombardozzi was an OK signer during ST with the White Sox but he will only sign 1 if he sees all 9, I've noticed it is better if you just have 2-3 on a page. Most I've gotten from him is 3. Good luck!

Thanks for the advise. I did have a page of 9 for him but he never even stopped. I will just try the 3 card routine next time and if I feel up to it I may even wait until after the game and try him before he gets on the bus

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I did see online that Jacobs is in Mexico so guess will have to wait until end of the year if he returns and I am able to see him

On May 3, 2016 Mike Jacobs signed with the Toros de Tijuana of the Mexican Baseball League.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got Lombardozzi last week on Long Island. Had a board of 8, and was alongside 3 graphers. He ignored everybody going out, and 2 of the other graphers left after that. When he came in before the game, we did not even have to call him. He came to each of us and signed 1 per.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast