Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

After you bust a box what do you do with all the cards?

I am a big box opener. Before my routine went like this. Auto/GU right into toploaders and into a specfifc box for auto/gu. Then inserts and base into binders. Its getting to be to much though. I only would pick out star base cards but when I pass on someone i feel guilty becuase im like man what if someone collects him. The star base that dont make it into my binder then just go in some dump box that I never even look at. I dont know who to count as a star etc. Also my binders are getting to full. Basiclly I just want to know if you could give me some suggetions on how to filter out my box when im done openeing it that will keep me organzied and not throwing away cards someone could use

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See colts183288's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKenyon06
    I am a big box opener. Before my routine went like this. Auto/GU right into toploaders and into a specfifc box for auto/gu. Then inserts and base into binders. Its getting to be to much though. I only would pick out star base cards but when I pass on someone i feel guilty becuase im like man what if someone collects him. The star base that dont make it into my binder then just go in some dump box that I never even look at. I dont know who to count as a star etc. Also my binders are getting to full. Basiclly I just want to know if you could give me some suggetions on how to filter out my box when im done openeing it that will keep me organzied and not throwing away cards someone could use

If you get some 5000 count boxes, you could keep those cards together by set. This way if someone is looking for base help to complete their set you could easily search for what they might need.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 84nick's Items on eBay

What I do is, like you said, GU and autos go right to sleeve and toploader. Any inserts or decent stars (Bonds, Arod, Griffey Jr., Pujols, ect) go in to sleeve and possibly toploader. (Depends on how good of a card it is). The rest I put into 5000ct boxes by year and alphabetically by set. Hope this helps

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See just-for-cards's Items on eBay

I do 5000 count boxes too. I keep them together in sets or partial sets. Commons and $500 cards are in the same box, although the better cards get sleeves. I mark each box as to what products are in it and usually have 1 full box per year. (sometimes 2). I have seperate boxes for football and other sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sheefo13's Items on eBay

I buy those 5000 card boxes and toss al my base cards or just cards in general I will not hold onto right away. I keep important rookies, AU, GU and anything else important in toploaders and in another box. Then when the season comes around, I go to games to get autographs, so thats when I look through all the commons.

SCF Rewards

all cards are put in penny sleeves and the gu's and special cards go in a card saver. tedious but, i just like doing it like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

i put them all into 800 CT boxes by players last name... sometimes i go through and sort them in alphabetical order but usually i dont... i have a closet full of shelves with 800 CT boxes labeled by letters

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think im just going to do team binders seems like the best way to go..I have boxes all over my room i dont need more. And what do you guys do with empty card boxes? Also with show boxes i need a bigger room

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think you should jsut put all those blah cards into one of those 5000 card things and sell it to me for 10$.

SCF Rewards
    Country

no thanks...I may do team lots though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast