Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CardPricer.com

CardPricer.com / Online Baseball Card Price Guide

Hi there,
    After asking about this in another thread, it seems that we should tell you a little bit about our product. My name is Ted Golden and I'm the driving force behind CardPricer.com. I have been a lurker on this site for about 18 months (i registered last year). Personally, I collect pre-war vintage cards of players on the 1919 Reds & 1919 White Sox. I also collect 1920-21 W514s. You will find a link to our site and contact info in the signature for this account. I hope that our product will offer you guys a great opportunity to get accurate pricing information.
    If you were at the National, perhaps you saw our banners and/or came by the booth (we were next to PSA). If you were not at the National, then you are probably a bit in the dark about this. I want to explain just a few features that are currently in place.

1) We have a Data License with eBay. That means eBay delivers sales information to our system every day. They send every successful transaction (non-store), to us. We get EVERY ONE! The oldest date in our system right now is August 1st, 2005. If the market demands it, we will be able to go back to January 1st, 2004. Although Beckett Media also has a data license, I am not sure in what manner they use it. So that aside, we are the only licensed source on the market.
    2) We are also pulling data from most major auction houses. Because of the complex legal issues, we have not yet included Auction House Data in our price reports. That will change shortly.
    3) Our price reporting is based on real sale prices. We do not use conjecture or opinion.
    4) We have a number of free utilities available. Our image database currently houses close to 55,000 images and displays 28,000. We are in negotiations with the Topps Company to provide the remaining images. The image browser is 100% free. We have checklists that count 21,000 sets/1.2 million singles/45,000 players. They are both free to access (no registration required). Our my collection utility is also free to use but you do have to register so that you have a user id to associate your collection with.

Our pricing plans start at $7.99/month for a six-month subscription. You can also do month-to-month and we have a pay-as-you go token system. You purchase blocks of tokens that equate to as little as .20 cents per price search.

I'm sure that there are a number of questions you have for us and I am happy to answer each of them. For now, I urge you to visit the site and play around. There is a free two-week trial for pricing information. We have a forum system and our own email where we hope to drive most of the questions. However, if you would like to discuss this here on a limited basis, I will be happy to respond. Lastly, as I know most of you appear to collect modern sets, we currently have 50+ major sets with pricing information linked and ready to go. You can see that list on our home page. If there is a card set you would like pricing information for, please let me know. I will do my best to get that information delivered to you!

Thanks for your time everyone!
    Please let me know what you think of our site and keep up the great forum here.

Sincerely,
    Ted Golden

post script: We absolutely do intend to add pricing information for all major trading cards (Basketball, Football, Hockey, etc...)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

I've moved this to the Sites and Auctions forum.

It looks like you've started something that many people have been looking for. I know there are a lot of people that go by ebay prices, so this service would certainly help in the aspect. Good luck with it.

Rick

CardPricer.com
    Thanks Rick, I didn't even think to put this there! I appreciate the well wishes. Again, this site is still in Beta so there will be a lot of features added shortly. In the meantime, let the comments begin :-)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kartel99's Items on eBay

Is the $7.99 price for all sports?

CardPricer.com
    Hi Kartel -
    Right now all we are offering is Baseball. We have catalogues for the other major sports in production now, but we need to make sure the product is delivered properly before we worry about expansion :-). We will be adding a notification feature so that we can email you when other sports become available.