Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Mid-May SCF Updates

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Mid-May SCF Updates

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I gave a status post. I'll make this one brief, but I think there are a few nuggets worth bring to everyone's attention.

1) Facebook, Twitter and G+ Links at the top of every thread

soc.png

You have the ability to post ANY thread you see to your Facebook, Twitter or G+ accounts. Over the next bit, I might look to add Instagram and Exchange-O-Gram to this

2) The staff is looking at potential ways to better streamline SCF. There will be some changes coming soon. Some of the changes will be quite noticeable. For example, we are looking to condense the number of forums/sub-forums that exists. Something that has been a common refrain from people I talk to, whether is it at shows, at card shop events or even reading comments here is that SCF is not the easiest to navigate. Message received.

There are a few site modifications that I am researching in order to make your experience better. Some of the items I am researching at this point include:

• Mobile Web-browsing - Something that better formats on a mobile device (not necessarily an app, though I am researching what other forums do for this
    • Tabbed Categories - Having options at the top (below the main header) to where you can navigate to. One for sports, one for TTM forums, one for Non-sports (more on this)
    • Non-sports - I am debating the merits of merging nonsportscardforum.com within SCF. There are pros and cons to doing this.
    • As I mentioned already, trimming the forums and creating more thread prefixes to be used in posts
    • I am trying find something that will allow members to post multiple images simultaneously to SCF as oppose to 1 at a time.

Some of these items may not happen in the way that I envision this. For the Tabbed Category, this might simply become making changes to the Site Menu/Header at the top of the forum. There are a number of ways I can look at this. However, as the changes are made, please don't say you don't like it because it's changed. If it is having a negative impact on the population, then we can discuss how to make it better, but if you dont like it because you are use to another way, then I will ask you respectfully to work with the change.

3) I have added a new VIP incentive of posting Auctions on SCF. If you are going to post an auctions, please check out this thread for guidelines

4) Non-Sports - We have started to add non-sport items into the SCF inventory manager. With this said, I am looking at options for a Non-Sports section on SCF. This is still in planning, but something is going to come soon with this.

Ok, I'm out

Thanks for reading

EDIT - I am going to be making changes to the eBay sellers club. As of TONIGHT, the program that Mike started is no longer valid. I will be looking at using this in a different manner in the future, most likely as an add-on for SCF Sponsors.

Now, I'm out
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 05-20-2016 at 10:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

thank you for being so active and wanting to improve the site!