Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I glad the info received on Halton was correct so when he comes to me I do not have to worry.

Looks like Dan is a signing machine on autograph Sundays. With that you may get your cards completed sooner than later nice.

With about 14 games left in the first half both our teams have their work cut out for them. When there was 20 games left I figured that the Patriots would have to win 12 out of 20 to take it but except for the DH loss to Lancaster the Ducks have been on a tear again. When we were 13-0 we went to Sugarland and things started to go south We are at NB now then Sugarland again so I hope history does not repeat again because both teams have swept us this season.
    Good luck to both of us

Yes, absolutely agreed. Best of luck to Somerset. Seems like neither team has really had a grasp on first since early May, but at least it makes for an exciting conclusion to the first half!

SCF Rewards
    Country

York came to town tonight for the first time this season, and I am happy to say that the first night of the homestand was rewarding.

Josh Wilson- 8/8 cards- Former Rays infielder said that he is really enjoying the Atlantic League, and was happy to sign everything. Great looking signature!
    Bryan Pounds- 3/3 cards
    Manny Corpas- 1/1 card
    Travis Witherspoon- 3/5 cards
    Jose Arredondo- 8/8 cards
    Scott Rice- 1/1 card- former Met who originally came from the Atlantic League signed a blank card with the date of his MLB debut, as requested.
    Luis Perdomo- 2/2 cards
    Micah Owings- 1/1 cards
    Tony Pena- 8/8 cards- Former DBacks pitcher signed everything. He is currently on the inactive list, but made the trip to Long Island and signed, which is always awesome!
    Matt Neil- 0/2 missed him trying to get Pena
    Jason Repko- 0/1 retired prior to coming on the road
    Telvin Nash- 0/8 just got signed by the White Sox prior to coming on the road.

Hoping to finish up a few more things tomorrow, so we will see!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice haul for a first time visit. To bad on Repko as he signed everything here. He was batting just fine so I wonder what changed his mind unless he was just tired.
    Last time York was here I missed Pena and Owings as they were both inactive. Now that Arrendono is back I will need him also

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very nice haul! If you get any extra Micah Owings I'd love to trade/buy 1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice haul for a first time visit. To bad on Repko as he signed everything here. He was batting just fine so I wonder what changed his mind unless he was just tired.
    Last time York was here I missed Pena and Owings as they were both inactive. Now that Arrendono is back I will need him also

It is what it is. Was a big fan of his on the 2012 Red Sox team. Maybe he just got tired of playing. I wish him well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tried to get the rest of my York stuff done tonight, and got a mixed bag of results.

The pregame autograph booth had Todd Coffey in it, but I had completed all of my items for him, so I decided to pass.

York was interesting as a team tonight.

Josh Wilson- 2/2 cards
    Jose Arredondo- 1/1 card
    Travis Witherspoon- 2/2

Now for the failures:

Joel Guzman- 0/6- He has been in the league for a number of the years, and was always decently nice. Not recently. Did not even bother to look up at any of us graphers, for the 3rd night in a row, and stayed on the field watching promo videos until after the anthem. Not even going to bother asking him again.
    Matt Neil- 0/2- Came out of the clubhouse deep into the 2nd or 3rd inning.
    Manny Corpas- 0/1 WS 2007 ball. Walked out and when nicely asked, he yelled something in Spanish, before saying "What, again?". Did not even respond to any of us after that, stood right at the gate where everyone was too. Seemed nice the other day, but an absolutely terrible attitude today. I usually feel that players are entitled to a bad day, and don't take it personally, but he had an awful attitude today, and I will be more than happy to send the ball TTM to one of the other 49 players who played in that WS.

Will probably graph the Long Island side tomorrow, as I could really care less about going for anyone on York, being that I either have them already, or the few I have unsigned stuff on need attitude adjustments.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

York is one of the tougher teams this year plus not to polite

Also I guess the Dan Johnson train will not be coming back to Somerset as I see he was just released by the Ducks BUMMER

SCF Rewards
    Country

York is one of the tougher teams this year plus not to polite

Also I guess the Dan Johnson train will not be coming back to Somerset as I see he was just released by the Ducks BUMMER

Yeah, its awful to see Johnson is gone, but hey, he may end up with another team in the league. York has been consistently tough, but I guess its better than having to deal with the unnecessarily tough Wilson Valdez and Eric Patterson like every other year with York.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

You just brought back horrible memories of Valdez and Patterson

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did it to myself too, two pains to say the least. Valdez and Patterson were never nice, at any time in York.

Tonight was definitely more successful than last night, and actually managed to get a bit done on each side.

Ducks-

Bud Harrelson- 3/3 2 team pieces, and a Mets helmet project piece, which he added "69 Champs" as opposed to his usual "69 Mets" inscription. Truly one of the nicest men in the game, and it has been a pleasure getting to personally know him over the years.
    Kevin Baez- 1/1 Mets helmet project- Manager of the club, and a Met for 3 years. Added his Mets years as well. Super guy, same as Buddy.
    Ruben Gotay- 6/6 cards
    Dustin Richardson- 8/8 cards, 9/9 cards- One of the nicest guys on the team. Never seen him turn down an autograph request.

York-

Joel Guzman- 4/6 cards. As I was walking to my seat, holding the book I use for cards, he was walking into the dugout (abut 15 mins earlier than he had been previously), I simply said "Joel" and pointed to the book. Came by and signed 4. Works for me.

Tomorrow, Gary Gaetti and the Sugar Land Skeeters come to town. Sadly Andy LaRoche is still on the disabled list, and Brooks Conrad, as well as Tyson Gillies have been released.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast