something weird in a panini 52 pack

ok,..look..I'm probably wasting your time but its just odd.

in the 52 pack was a white blank card and a sticker stuck on it with the white backing of the sticker facing out.
    the part stuck to the card was a metallic blue with lines etched in it.

I tried to pull it off to see something underneath but it was too sticky and just pulled apart the card piece it was on.

was this some bizarre mistake or did I mess up something cool?

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    It's a security sticker, that's it. It's if someone wants to pocket it without paying, the sensor at the front of the store will go off.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilElliot View Post
    ok,..look..I'm probably wasting your time but its just odd.

in the 52 pack was a white blank card and a sticker stuck on it with the white backing of the sticker facing out.
    the part stuck to the card was a metallic blue with lines etched in it.

I tried to pull it off to see something underneath but it was too sticky and just pulled apart the card piece it was on.

was this some bizarre mistake or did I mess up something cool?

Yup, same thing as those big plastic security tags on clothes that have to be removed by the cashier.

It's an RFID chip of some kind, designed to set off the alarm if it hasn't been scanned first at the register.

Quote Originally Posted by 11chaos View Post
    It's a security sticker, that's it. It's if someone wants to pocket it without paying, the sensor at the front of the store will go off.
    but it was inside the package and ive bought the packs before and never seen that. Walmart didnt open the package and do that.

but yeah, what you say does make sense as to what it is

This isn't anything new. Those have been in packs in Target and Wallmart for years now.

I set em off at Wallmart. They don't scan properly there, and I always set off the alarm there. Never happens at Target though.

In the $20 blasters, you'll find them stuck on the inside of the box flap, but they do pop up in single retail packs.

You must have better luck than I do. I've pulled dozens of those things. All just trash, they don't even make decent dividers for storage boxes like the fat Playoff white "pack searcher" cards.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilElliot View Post
    but it was inside the package and ive bought the packs before and never seen that. Walmart didnt open the package and do that.

but yeah, what you say does make sense as to what it is
    Yeah they are put in there by the card companies for the retail packs. The stores don't do it but they are inserted by Topps, Panini, etc at the factory.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content