Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

McPhee Named as GM of Las Vegas

http://www.tsn.ca/mcphee-named-gm-of...-team-1.526219

"...George McPhee wants to build a team that will entertain fans in a unique market and bring hockey's hallowed trophy to the desert sooner rather than later."

HA! He had 16 years to do that in Washington (half of those with Alex Ovechkin) and failed. How does he expect to do that with an expansion roster? I hope that owner has lots of money because he has many, many years of mediocrity ahead of him....

" I've never enjoyed that sit-back style of hockey. I like a team that's attacking all the time,"

I guess that is why he hired Dale Hunter, huh?
    Last edited by Sharky94; 07-13-2016 at 08:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They might still be better than Edmonton =P
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

unlike the last round(s) of expansion.... this draft is set up to make Vegas a good team right away. They (likely) won't be at the bottom of the league.

I can only hope Edmonton is out of the basement by then too :)

As for McPhee.... I guess he's a good NHL guy, lots of experience. Typical NHL going with retreads instead of looking for someone new.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They (likely) won't be at the bottom of the league.

Yeah, with McPhee, they are set up to be right in the middle of the pack for a long time. He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't great. He made some good moves, but he also made some really bad moves (Erat for Forsberg). He is good enough to get them into the playoffs after a couple years. But in a league where more than half the teams make the playoffs, that isn't really a big accomplishment.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

McPhee put together good enough teams in Washington, after he got lucky and won the lottery to get the top pick in 2004... and had a can't miss player to build around.

I wouldn't be overly excited if I were a Vegas fan, but I wouldn't be disappointed either.

Yeah, with McPhee, they are set up to be right in the middle of the pack for a long time. He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't great. He made some good moves, but he also made some really bad moves (Erat for Forsberg). He is good enough to get them into the playoffs after a couple years. But in a league where more than half the teams make the playoffs, that isn't really a big accomplishment.

I'm still expecting to see a 40 team league, where 32 make the playoffs, in my lifetime :)