20 year old find - Collectors Edge

I found something last night while searching for something totally unrelated to football in my storage room. Hoping maybe I can just stimulate a little conversation.

A box from C. Edge to my old address in Highlands Ranch. In it are five uncut sheets from 1994. Each are 25 cards, laid out 5X5, measuring 14 X 20 inches, and are all clear acetate.

1. EDGE F/X Silver foil w/ gold helmet with a tiny little PW, which must stand for Pop Warner. This sheet has 4 Elway, 3 Montana, 4 Aikman, 3 Emmitt, 3 Bettis, 4 Anthony Miller (Chargers), and 4 Sterling Sharpe cards.

2. EDGE F/X Red foil, same players. Identical sheet, just red foil and no helmets. (These are in the link below.)

3. THE BOSS SQUAD. Again silver foil with the gold PW helmets. (I was hoping these said 24K, but little PW's instead.) This sheet has 24 different players and a checklist card. BOSS 1 thru 25. (These are the other set in the link.)

4 & 5 are BOSS EQII. Same as TBS (#3), these cards have a bronze foil and no helmet. A double.

They are rolled sheets, and have the color bar down the right side. Each are also encased in sealed plastic bags, although these are clearly not meant to stand the test of time. But they look all right in the box.

Mailed to me in August of 1995 for 55 CENTS, it was in a place not near the the rest of my collection from those days, so quite a surprise to find. I must have redeemed something pretty decent back then, and promptly forgot about it after I moved. The box isn't sealed, so I MUST have noticed them 18 years ago when I moved.

I cannot provide a photo, but I did find this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Uncut-Sheets-Collectors-Edge-1995-FOOTBALL-Cards-The-BOSS-SQUAD-EDGE-FX-/141828196493?hash=item21059e888d:g:rAEAAOSwkZhWRAQ J

...so you can see what they look like.

Any other collectors out there from those days still have these? Any ideas on now many of these sheets could be out there? They are not numbered, something CE was known for. Although not like today.

Now the big question. In todays market, are these really worth 30 bucks a sheet? Would you pay that? I am not asking for a Book price, and don't want to part with them, just trying to gauge what kind of interest cards like these have today.

Thanks for the read!
    Last edited by JWinn; 07-20-2016 at 01:23 AM.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    There really isn't much interest in Collector's Edge stuff anymore so if I could get $30 a sheet I'd take the money and run. It really isn't the companies fault though because not much football stuff from 1996 would still sell for $30 now either. Nice found though and pretty amazing that it was shipped for just 55 cents.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Postage has gone up, that's for sure. Even simple puffy's have more than that on them today.

I knew there isn't much interest in old products like this. And that acetate has lost it's appeal these days. Back then it was something special, at least different.

I'm thinking of getting the Boss PW sheet framed. But can't decide if they would look better with a solid background, or clear on both sides.

Wow, 55 cents mailed! Missing those days!
    Those would be neat to frame and hang in a sports room if you particularly liked that set.