Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

I am sorry you dont like the card. Out of all 7 entrants/28 total cards to be chosen in this draft, I doubt you will be stuck with this one card. I had to use 2 PC cards that I didnt want to use (Kobe GU and Jermaine Auto) just to enter this since I already signed up and didnt want to back out since I already gave my word to join. The other alternatives to the Lever Auto was: Al Harrington Parallel RC $40, Mirotic RC $30, Jodie Meeks Auto $25, or an Otto Porter Auto RC $25. The Fat Lever Auto was the only card out of those 5 that fell into the approved All Star and not scrub/overvalued card. And I was not going to send in a $125 Porzingis Auto RC or a $80 Karl Malone Auto into this. Again I am sorry you dont like that card, but you wont have to draft it.

I hear ya, dude. Sorry. I had one too many last night, was feeling frisky, and had no business calling you out. That was inappropriate, unfair, and I do apologize.

However, I don't think my sentiment was out of line. Number one - in a draft that we're calling a high end draft, no one should get "stuck" with anything. Everyone should be walking away with stuff they're totally stoked to have to some degree, whether it's the first pick or the last. No one should feel like they're getting stuff they don't care about.

Which brings me to my bigger point - using BV to figure this all out is the issue.

I brought this up earlier. The card below:

Here's it's book value:

There is no way that Capela is an $80 card. It's not a $60 card, or a $40 card, or a $20 card, or a $10 card.

The last three sales of it were for $2.13 and then two in lots, one of FOUR (that included a Randle) for $7 and change and a lot of two (with Rodney Hood) for $2.34. So basically it's a dollar-bin card.

This is exactly why Beckett is a flawed system.

Likewise, this Dumars card here books for $12.

I can bet dollars to donuts that EVERY single person on this board would rather have a $12 on-card auto/jersey of a Hall of Famer, NBA Champion, and 6x All Star than an "$80" Clint Capela. (If not, please hit me up - I have a Capela to trade you).

At any rate, I'm also fine pulling the plug on this. I'd rather have my own stuff than almost all of what I've seen posted as submitted.

But I do offer sincere apologies for calling anyone out individually. That was dirty and unnecessary.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@the_jrussell See jrussell_sig's Items on eBay

I wish people would not drop out. This should be fun but also not a place to just dump undesirable cards on someone else. Do I think every card that people send in is going to please everyone? Of course not. But we are all savy enough to know what players are considered worthy of this and which are not. I am sure I have a Spud Webb auto that books for $35 but i would not do that to any of you :)
    And I totally agree that Beckett prices are a terrible gauge of value.
    I just want everyone to be thoughtful about the cards you are sending. We should all walk away feeling like we got some equal value from this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@tnelson199310

I wish people would not drop out. This should be fun but also not a place to just dump undesirable cards on someone else. Do I think every card that people send in is going to please everyone? Of course not. But we are all savy enough to know what players are considered worthy of this and which are not. I am sure I have a Spud Webb auto that books for $35 but i would not do that to any of you :)
    And I totally agree that Beckett prices are a terrible gauge of value.
    I just want everyone to be thoughtful about the cards you are sending. We should all walk away feeling like we got some equal value from this.

Agreed.
    i enter each draft with the assumption that these cards won't be coming back and I'll be trying to get the PC Card on the board or another piece.

I'm disheartened to see both members drop when this is ment to be a fun event. Maybe scratch the draft idea?

edit - I'll be pending depending on what transgresses.
    Last edited by Tennelson55; 08-06-2016 at 03:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is the last thing I am going to say about this then Im over this whole stupid thing. This is supposed to be a fun thing that everyone has a great time doing. I have been doing this for 10 yrs on this site and on the old TR site when I use to help run it there. This is the first time something like this has ever happened. People posting what they are sending in to get other members to join. Then issues happen. People complaining. Then people dropping out annoyed. I used to love doing these all the time whenever I saw a signup thread. I would be automatic and usually the first one to signup. I can say Khendra probably likes them just as much as me as she has entered every single one I have entered also.

Back a few years ago when Trevor first ran it, I sent it numerous $30 and $40 cards of all stars and top rookies in each card draft and most other people would only send in the minimum $10-12 cards of players. But I never complained and had fun seeing the final list of cards to choose from. I never looked or cared as much for book value vs sell value on EBAY as I do this as a hobby for fun. I dont do this to make money nor do I care what it sells for on EBAY. Junk cards to one person may be exactly what another member may be looking for. In the past drafts over the years, I would be happy selecting these so called "cheap junk cards" like Malcom Lee Auto (from last draft), Ron Mercer Parallel RC, Tayshaun Prince Refractor RC, Marcus Banks Auto Rookie, Kyle Korver Topps Chrome RC, Rashad McCants Refractor RC, Kevin Martin Refractor RC, Derek Fisher Parallel, etc. Cards that book $10-12 each, but sell for like 25 cents and barely able to sell for $1. Why was I happy to get those cards? I have three friends who collects Hawks, Celtics, and Wolves players. I chose those cards to give it to them since they also collect cards with their kids. I never cared how much I could buy those cards for outside the site. If I cared what I was getting back in a card draft as opposed to what I was sending in book value wise, I would never join these. I was happy I was able to get something for my PC, tradebait, or to give it to one of my 3 friends to add to their PC/their kid's PC.

I am very sour and negative on the card draft now and do not want to participate in this one anymore after thinking about it. I would rather just keep my 3 PC cards.
    @rocksaysits420 Randy, can you please just cancel this one and never run a high end draft ever again. Can you please just run one more normal regular card draft where no one gets criticized for what they send in. Please hold onto the 4 cards I sent you and just send it back to me after the next card draft. I already spent $3 sending you those cards plus included $3 for return shipping so I dont want to lose $6 for no reason. After that draft, I may never enter another draft on this site again. This is no longer fun for me anymore.

@jrussell13 - I would have been happy if you sent the Spud Webb Auto. I have a friend who collects him and would have selected that card and given that to him as a gift

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345