Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Museum Addition 5 of 5: 50th Win of Current Starter

My apologies for the delay in posting this, lightning killed my internet and posting anything off of a cellphone is clunky and of such mediocre quality.

Hey everyone, as usual, don't forget to "LIKE" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook.

So here we are with the final newest addition to our museum. Today's piece is one I'm excited about, even if I'm not a particularly big fan of the player. Anyways, onto the show!

Born on May 4, 1986 in Calgary, Alberta, this 6'5" behemoth of a goaltender was a stalwart between the pipes for the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL before being drafted 14th overall by the Edmonton Oilers in 2004. His name, Devan Dubnyk. Dubnyk worked his way up from the ECHL in 2006-07, to AHL backup, and then to AHL starter by 2008-09. The Oilers, with some mad goaltending woes, called Dubnyk up in 2009-10 and he made his NHL debut on November 28, 2009 versus Vancouver. After Jeff Drouin Deslauriers surrendered four goals in a mere nine minutes, Dubnyk was brought in to extinguish the metaphorical flames. In that debut he stopped 21 of 24 shots in the team's eventual 7-3 loss. That season, he appeared in 19 NHL games and recorded a 4-10-2 record. The next season, he was the full-time backup to Nikolai Khabibulin and by 2011-12, he had taken over the starting role on an otherwise poor Oilers team. In 2012-13, he posted a solid 0.920% save average in 38 games with the bottom feeding Oilers and after a weak start to 2013-14, he was traded to the Nashville Predators. After two poor games with the Preds, he was shipped off to Montreal where he was relegated to the minors. It seemed like the career of Dubnyk would end there, but something happened. In 2014-15, the Arizona Coyotes signed Dubnyk to be the back-up, however, he posted great numbers and it attracted the attention of the Minnesota Wild who acquired him in January 2015. After his acquisition, he appeared in 38 consecutive games for the club (39 total for the regular season), recording a 27-9-2 record with an unbelievable 1.78GAA, and a 0.936% save average. As a result of his epic career resurgence, he was the winner of the 2014-15 Bill Masterton Trophy. In 2015-16, he appeared in 67 more games with the Wild as their starter and led them to the playoffs for the second straight year. Where will he go from there? Who knows.

As a result of Dubnyk being still very much active in the league, career numbers will not be posted at this time.

The piece you are looking at right now is a 2012-13 Oilers Blue Retro Set 2 worn by Dubnyk in game action nine times, in which he recorded his sixth career shutout, and also his 50th career NHL win, a number he has since eclipsed by nearly 100 additional wins. Wear is tremendous (for the modern era of NHL), and consists of stitch breakdown, many black marks, burns, piling, and a small unrepaired hole. A stunning piece of an NHL starter.

Acquired from: Meigray Group

Dates of Game Use:
    March 20, 2013 v San Jose (31-34, 4-3SOL)
    March 28, 2013 v Columbus (9-9, 6-4W)
    March 30, 2013 v Vancouver (23-23, 4-0W) *6th career shutout
    April 1, 2013 v Calgary (33-34, 4-1W)
    April 10, 2013 v Phoenix (29-32, 3-1L)
    April 16, 2013 v Minnesota (25-30, 5-3L)
    April 21, 2013 v Anaheim (27-30, 3-1L)
    April 24, 2013 v Chicago (26-29, 4-1L)
    April 27, 2013 v Vancouver (28-30, 7-2W) *50th career win

Photomatched: YES

Photomatch:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/license/167586319

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

What a classic jersey! Congrats on adding this Oilers jersey to the collection. Well done!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

me likey