First Look: Peyton Manning, Megan Fox and the Sheer Beauty of 2016 Donruss Football

Panini America’s flagship Donruss Football brand will make its grand 2016 debut on Wednesday brimming with the brilliance that only a fabled staple like Donruss can deliver. To be sure, 2016 Donruss Football is a colorful thrill ride of a product that offers something for seemingly every football fan and collector, paying tribute to the game’s greatest legends, current stars, rookies and celebrity fans.

https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2016/...l/#more-148423
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Doesn't Panini have pop culture to put non football auto's in, if I buy a football product I want football cards.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

I agree.

If I want a Megan Fox card, I'll look for Transformer cards.

I was never really a big fan of the "Fans of the Game" sets Playoff made. The only one I grabbed was the Rich Eisen auto, because, get this, it had something to do with football. Stunning concept, I know. But I really liked him when they started the network, and I think it's a neat addition to a football collection.

Megan Fox has Absolutely nothing to do with football. She wasn't even an NFL cheerleader, and I don't care what team she roots for.

I could really go on a rant here. Panini seems to be trying to kill the football card hobby in one year. And make all our old autographs, which used to have some rarity, worthless simply because by the end of the year, there will be twice as many autographs, of just about every popular player, ever, then there were last year.

Even Manning autos will devalue if Panini releases two thousand of them this year alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    I agree.

If I want a Megan Fox card, I'll look for Transformer cards.

I was never really a big fan of the "Fans of the Game" sets Playoff made. The only one I grabbed was the Rich Eisen auto, because, get this, it had something to do with football. Stunning concept, I know. But I really liked him when they started the network, and I think it's a neat addition to a football collection.

Megan Fox has Absolutely nothing to do with football. She wasn't even an NFL cheerleader, and I don't care what team she roots for.

I could really go on a rant here. Panini seems to be trying to kill the football card hobby in one year. And make all our old autographs, which used to have some rarity, worthless simply because by the end of the year, there will be twice as many autographs, of just about every popular player, ever, then there were last year.

Even Manning autos will devalue if Panini releases two thousand of them this year alone.
    With Panini having to produce 30 to 35 sets per year most if not all auto's will be overproduced, even if each player only signed 100 per set that is still over 3,000 autographs per player. The only fans of the game auto I have came from a 2004 absolute memorabilia baseball blaster but at least it was Jennie finch who had something to do with sports.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    With Panini having to produce 30 to 35 sets per year most if not all auto's will be overproduced, even if each player only signed 100 per set that is still over 3,000 autographs per player. The only fans of the game auto I have came from a 2004 absolute memorabilia baseball blaster but at least it was Jennie finch who had something to do with sports.

Well yeah, she played. Maybe not MLB, but at least she is connected to the sport, and wasn't included just for her looks. Or because she was famous.

I know non sport cards in sport card products can work. Allen & Ginter proves that, but A&G isn't stuffed with B grade actresses from movies based on toys. We are not taking about Elizabeth Taylor here.

Even her would make me shake my head. Of course I would appreciate such a valuable autograph, but would still have a little anger over "Why is this girl in my pack of football cards?".

Or was Megan in a football movie? I guess that would at least connect her, in a remote sort of way.

I don't think she's in the Robert Redford/Kevin Costner league though.

I'd have to disagree and say that the Fans of the Game autographs are a welcome return. Celebrities and other non sport autographs are usually harder to find and sell for more than most football autographs and I'd rather pull one of those than a common dud rookie or a go nowhere bench player that's in his 7th season. The only knock would be that these are the WORST looking FOTG cards I've ever seen. Usually they are good looking and Panini can make nice looking cards but these are not their best effort. Would have preferred if they just redid classic FOTG card designs instead.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I'd rather pull the dud rookie.

Seriously. Especially if he played, even just a preseason game, here in Denver. Even a 49er this year. I went to Broncos camp today, and we have them in town for Saturdays game. Which I will be at.

I collect because I go. Because I am football fan, and a season ticket holder. Because I collect football cards.

I understand why these are "good pulls". Of course.

It's just not what I expect in a pack of sport specific cards. I expect baseball players in baseball packs, and football players in football packs.

Ya see, to me, value really only comes into play when I am buying. Once a card goes into my collection, it's there to stay, and gone from the hobby. While of course I value the cards I pay more for more than those I pay less for, I still value them all, as they all contribute to the sport I watch.

It's about football to me. And I am just not interested in fan cards of celebrities, simply because they are celebrities.

There are plenty of real FANS that deserve cards. While the Barrelman died, I can think of a few others in just my stadium alone I see every week, and would make decent additions to a football set. People who've been to games, and can legitimately be called Superfans.

However, that's just me. One thing about the last ten years or so, in sports cards, has been the variety. There's something for everyone, and Panini is certainly trying to accommodate that. Some things work for me, and not others, and the other way around. That's cool. Megan Fox in a pack of football cards does not work for me. Means I didnt get a football card, which is what I was after in the first place, and paid for.

It's just for me, 'what I can get for it', has never come into play. Only what I have to pay for it, haha.

And paying for an NFL autograph (what I expect to be in the box), but getting an actress instead, I would feel cheated.

I'd rather have a redemption (can't believe I actually said that, lol) of a good player.

As long as one of "the fans of the game" are NOT considered one of your hits.....otherwise it's GARBAGE
    Last edited by steel75; 08-19-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steel75 View Post
    As long as one of "the fans of the game" are NOT considered one of your hits.....otherwise it's GARBAGE

You know that not going to be the case.

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Quote Originally Posted by doniceage View Post
    You know that not going to be the case.

Don
    Then it's GARBAGE