Are relic/jersey cards from eBay safe to buy?

Hello, I am interested in picking up some relic/jersey cards of my favorite players. After doing some research there seems to be a debate if GU jerseys or other relics are real. I understand that debate. However, when buying these cards from eBay has there been much concern about people removing these relics and replacing them with fake items? I guess I'm worried about someone taking the GU jersey out of the card and replacing it with a cut of something they have at home. I hope that makes sense.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    There is ZERO percent chance of people taking out the jersey cards ad replacing them with something that is just a random fabric from WalMart. There is some concern with patch cards because people have taken out plain looking one color patches and replaced them with colorful multicolor patches to increase the sell price on eBay. But relic and plain jersey cards are totally safe on eBay and anywhere else.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Yeah, you are safe buying cards on ebay.

Like pwaldo said, the only concern is on certain patch cards, and usually only on top players that make the attempt to alter a card worth it.

I collect Rod Smith for example, and a seller would have to be crazy to alter one of his Certified cards, for example. They just don't bring the prices of Elway or Manning, and the risk to a sellers reputation wouldn't be worth it.

I've never bought a pack/box of National Treasures. But I have about 40 or 50 of them, mostly swatch cards, about half autographed. Got em all on ebay, and don't think any of them have been altered. Some pretty nice patches too.

If in doubt about a card, research it on ebay. If the one you are looking at has an unbelievable patch, check the "recently completed" sales, and see what the card should look like based on other examples.

When I joined here, this was one of the big topics, and there were several threads about cards with altered patches. Some exempts even showed the same card, with the same serial number, with totally different patches. So it does happen. But those were all huge dollar cards of big players, at least at the time (rpa/rps cards).

I've sold over 20,000 GU and autos on ebay so far this year and only had 1 that wanted a return, which was warented considering 90% of the front was sliced with an exacto knife. I have no problem buying or selling on ebay.